11 and mom wants me out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 and mom wants me out

I'm 11, 12 in September. My mom says I spend too much inside ever since we moved. The reason I do so is because I have avoidant & social anxiety disorder. I don't know how to tell them that since they're not fluent in English. My parents say I'm crazy and they disown me. My mom wants me to move out. Right now they're not home but they're going to be soon. Please help ASAP. Where should I go? I'm in a new state and I don't know anybody here or anywhere.

Re: 11 and mom wants me out

Dear 11 and mom wants me out,
    Thanks for writing in to our bulletin! It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help, and you’ve definitely taken the first step.

It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation, feeling like your parents don’t understand you and not knowing exactly how to explain the situation to them. Are you in school right now? Have you ever thought about talking to a teacher or counselor and then having your parents come in to talk about the situation all together? It seems like you have an understanding of what you’re going through which is great. Do you ever feel the need to talk about it more? If you ever need to talk, please feel free to call us here at the National Runaway Safeline (1-800-786-2929). We are here 24/7 and always ready and willing to talk and help.

You mentioned you want to move out or need to get out as soon as possible. Are you safe at home? If you are not feeling safe and want to talk, calling the Child Help USA hotline (1-800-422-4453) would be another good option. They focus on helping victims of child abuse and can help you out with any questions/action plans you have or want to begin.

If you’re looking for somewhere to go as soon as possible, it might be best for you to call in to our hotline. We can help you try to find a safe place to go. All we’ll need to know to help you out is your city and state. Keep in mind that it might be a little more difficult to find a shelter that accepts youth without informing the parents of where their child is.

Hopefully you are doing ok and the resources above can provide you with a little more information/guidance. Please please please call us if you are ever scared, have questions, or need any help, and we’ll do everything we can for you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X