Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home.

Hi, im 16 years old and my family recently moved us from Florida to Kansas. Since the move my mental health has been greatly affected and my health has worsened. I want to go back home to Florida, legally. I have a home i can go to with my grandparents there. Emancipation is not doable because of cost and parental signature, which is impossible for me to obtain. How can i do this, quickly and legally. Florida has been my home and always will be, and i want to go home.

RE: Home.

Thank you for reaching out to NRS today, we’re here to listen and to help. It sounds like your family’s recent move to Kansas from Florida has been a difficult transition for you, even affecting your health. A big move like that definitely can be hard and can take a toll. It sounds like you’ve thought a lot about this and already have considered some potential options that may allow you to get back to Florida where you feel comfortable, such as staying with your grandparents.
    Have you already spoken with your parents and grandparents about that option? We’re not legal experts here, but one option may be to talk through the situation with both your parents and grandparents together, about choosing to live with your grandparents in Florida, and what an arrangement like that may look like/ what the expectations would be. If you feel like you would like assistance having that discussion with your parents, or would feel better having a neutral 3rd party to help keep the communication lines open and flowing, NRS does offer a conference call service where we could act as the neutral 3rd party if another one is not available to you.
    While we’re not legal experts here, we do offer a database of legal resources that may be able to assist you in determining what other legal recourses you may have available to you, other than emancipation that you indicated is not a viable option. A legal expert can help you determine what your rights may be.
    We hope this was helpful. If you would like to explore these options further or discuss other options that may be available to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us online, via chat or via our24 hour hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY, which is open around the clock every day of the week. Good luck to you and we hope to hear back from you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X