Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend wants to run away

My friend who is 13 and lives in New York has been on the edge of suicidal lately. Her parents have taken away her electricity (including lights) all internet, and her door. All of this happened because she didn't hear her parents call her for dinner. They constantly yell at her and she is starting to think that death is the best option for her. Please help!

RE: My friend wants to run away

Hello,

Thanks for posting on our forum!

It sounds like your friend is really going through a lot. We’re so sorry to hear that she’s contemplating suicide. It sounds like her parent’s punishment, though very harsh, is temporary. Though, it’s hard not to feel so overwhelmed by such extreme isolation. She’s really lucky to have a friend like you. Please, if you think your friend is at risk, tell her about the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. They can be reached at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

You could also let her know about us too. We’re here to listen, it might feel good for her to let off some steam. We are confidential and 24/7, we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X