No announcement yet.

moving/runaway @ 17 in tx

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod9
    RE: moving/runaway @ 17 in tx

    Hello there,

    Thanks for posting on our forum here at the National Runaway Safeline.

    We here at NRS are not legal experts. However, as we understand it, the age of majority in most states is 18. That means you would need to be that old in order to move out of your home without permission. In the event you did leave home without consent, your parents would have the right to file a runaway report with the police. In some cases, whoever you stay with could be charged with “harboring a runaway” if they knowingly accepted you into their home as a runaway. It’s hard to say if this would apply if you’re close to being 18, but you can always call your local police non-emergency phone number to find out. If you’re uncomfortable making this phone call, please feel free to call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’d be happy to make that call on your behalf.

    We hope this helps. Sounds like things are pretty difficult at home. We’re here to talk if you’d like. We wish you the best of luck with this situation.


    Leave a comment:

  • bren123
    Guest started a topic moving/runaway @ 17 in tx

    moving/runaway @ 17 in tx

    I have issues at home and I want to move out without parents concent or runaway to my boyfriend and his parents house. I want to know if it's legal, the consequences and if I would be able to stay at their house. I am 17, please reply asap
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp