Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job

I’m 17 and I just ran away from Kentucky to Michigan. I’m wondering if it’s possible for me to get a job? I still only have my Kentucky ID and all of that. I’m living with my sister and her family here in Michigan. Oh and I’m not 100% sure if it’s running away because my mom gave me verbal consent and written in text messages. However my step dad has no idea. He thinks I’m just going for a month visit when I’m actually staying. He doesn’t have any rights over me though so it’s not like he can do anything right?

Thank you for reaching out and I understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to figure out if something and you are not sure who you can ask. If your mother gave you permission to live with your sister that is considered alternative living arrangement. We are not legal experts but we can provide some legal options but as long as your mother is your legal guardian you shouldn’t run into any issues legally. If your stepfather hasn’t adopted you then he has no legal rights to file any runaway reports or anything for you. It might be a good idea to contact your mother and make sure that everything is clear and she isn’t planning on reporting you as a runaway.
    If you need assistance having a conference call with your mother or stepfather. We can help here at NRS at 1800-RUNAWAY. Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X