No announcement yet.


  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runaway

    My daughtet ran away .we know shes at her friends but they wont answer door tu us. Are famiky dont have to much things .but we love are kids very much . and are hurt she dont want us any more. what do we do

  • #2

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. Asking for more information is a really good first step. Having your child leave home without permission can be really hurtful and scary. As parents you have the legal right to decide where your children live. You can call your police department to file a runaway report. Running away is not a crime and your daughter will not be arrested. You can let the officer assigned to your case know where she is and he will help return her home. If the friend's parents are aware of the situation and are enabling your daughter to runaway, you may be able to charge them with harboring a runaway.

    Having to return home after leaving can be scary for youth, so reminding your daughter that you love her and you are willing to talk through any problems can help her feel more comfortable coming back. We are available 24/7 if you or your daughter are in need of support or resources while navigating this challenging situation. Please do not hesitate to reach out by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us through our website.

    Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove