I'm running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm running away

so I'm planning on running away. however I can't get my hands on my birth certificate or ssn. I have my level one drivers licence. I'm running away to my fiance. we are planning on having a family. can I have a baby without my birth certificate or ssn? when I'm 18 can I get those things? where can i?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. It’s good that you’re being careful and looking out for yourself before making a big decision. When it comes to running away and starting a family, the most important thing is your safety. It’s good to hear that you have someone to stay with but it’s crucial that you have a plan going forward. If you would like any help coming up with such a plan, or just want to talk, please call our crisis hotline anytime at 1-800-786-2929. Someone is always here to listen and to help. You can also use our chat service at 1800runaway.org if you’d prefer not to talk on the phone.

If you do plan on running away before you turn eighteen, it’s important to know the potential consequences. First off, you would not be breaking any laws as a minor, but it would be considered a status offense and your parents could file a runaway report. Police may then try to find you and take you back home. The person you plan to stay with—in this case, your fiancée—could also get charged with harboring a runaway. We can’t guarantee that either of these consequences would take place but it’s important to bear them in mind as possibilities.

As far as having a baby without proper documentation, it’s certainly possible to go forward but you may run into some paperwork and legal fees down the line. It would be advisable to obtain those documents beforehand if possible. Here is a link for more information: https://www.nn4youth.org/wp-content/...FINAL-2019.pdf

Thanks again for reaching out. We hope to hear from you soon.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X