Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost pregnancy dont want to go home.

I just lost a pregnancy and I don't want to go home because I'm going to get hurt with words. I am living with my boyfriend and they have been threating to call to police. I am 17 almost 18 in three months I'm out of school and I work. Will the police pick me up and take me back if they call?

RE: lost pregnancy dont want to go home.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for help. We are so sorry to hear about your situation. Losing a pregnancy can be a really difficult time. One thing to consider is that after a miscarriage, many people need medical attention so that they don’t get sick. If you need help getting to a doctor, you can reach out to a Planned Parenthood clinic by calling their national number at 1-800-230-7526. We are not medical experts, but in general it is important to get checked out by a doctor after something like this happens. We can help you find medical resources if you need them. It sounds like you are concerned about your family calling the police and making you come back home. Since you are under the age of 18 and you have left home without permission, you could be considered a runaway. This means that your parent or legal guardian could call the police, who might force you to return home. Running away is not a crime, however anyone who allows you to stay with them could risk criminal charges for harboring a runaway. We are not legal experts. Laws are different from state to state, county to county, city to city. Since you are so close to turning 18, the police might not force you to return home. How a local police department responds to the situation can vary drastically. A good way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are. You can also reach out to us and we can help you talk through all your options and make a plan to stay safe. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X