Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to move away

Hi I just turned 17 not too long ago and I have been having issues with my family for almost two years, and the state I live in is Michigan and the county I live in the police said they would not take a run away report once I am 17 so will I be able to leave without permission just leaving a note will I get arrested or charges prssed on me please help me asap.

re: wanting to move away

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. From what you shared, it sounds like you have done some research so far with the police and they told you that they would not take a runaway report. That is a good place to start. Leaving a note, doesn't necessarily mean you can move out without permission. We aren't legal experts, but running away doesn't really mean you will be arrested. Unless you are committing a crime, then you might be. You would need to make the decision whether or not running away is worth the risk. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X