Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need my social security number

I only have my birth cerificate and a little money My parents are sending me to india if I don't get an a on my final I wan to run away but I need social security

RE: I need my social security number

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are greatly considering the option of leaving home since you are concerned about the impact of your grades. If you feel like leaving is the best option for you, there are some things to think about for the future: How long do you anticipate on being gone or being able to stay where ever you may be? How will you support yourself or whom you will be staying with be willing to support you financially with food, clothing, other personal expenses/ allow you to stay rent free? What if things do not work out here in the future, what will be your back up plan? If you can give us a call we can try to find some youth shelters that may be in your area. We can also try to call out with you or on your behalf to advocate in finding shelter availability once you give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY.

Another important detail is thinking about what your parent’s reaction will be. We are not legal experts here, but typically being under the age of what your state considers to an adult (usually 18 ), you would need permission from your parents to leave. It is not illegal to run away or leave home without permission, but it would mean that your parents could file a runaway report. The police would then be required to return you home.

You mentioned some concern with wanting your social security number. We are not sure if you can just get the number of would need to get a replacement card. We are not experts in this area, typically you can get access to important documents through your state or county's clerk office or your local office of vital records. Maybe you can get more information locating their websites as well. You can also try going through your states social security office in you state. You can look this up online or you can call 1800-722-1213.

Stay Safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Your SSN can be found on various private documents. Do you have any bank documents?

Otherwise, bring documents that can prove your identity to your local Social Security office. Or go to your school registrar to see if they can give it to you. You are legally entitled to know it.

Comment

Re: I Need my social security number

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We're here 24/7 to listen and to help. We are not able to provide you with your social security number, however, as we don't have access to that information. You might consider contacting the Social Security Administration or the Secretary of State's office in the state in which you live. Regards, NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X