Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Away

I have been thinking about running away. Sometimes I get suicidal thoughts too. I hate it and wish I could run away and leave it behind. But I know my family would be really worried and i could get arrested.

Re: Running Away

Hi there –
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS. We’re here to listen, here to help. You said you hate having these feelings and we are sorry to hear you are feeling this way. We will try to help in any way we can. First off, if you are ever again having suicidal thoughts, please give the National Suicide Hotline a call. They are also a 24/7 hotline and are trained in talking you through these feelings. Their number is 1-800-273-TALK. As for getting arrested, running away is not considered a crime for which you can be arrested. It is considered a status offense, similar to skipping school. Your parents can file a runaway report with the police and if the police are able to find you, they are required to return you to your home. They would not arrest you. If you continue to think about running away or have other troubling thoughts, we also encourage you to call our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) to talk through your situation a little more. Your safety is our number one concern and we would like to talk through your thoughts with you a bit more to make sure you stay safe. We may also be able to give you more specific information concerning the area in which you live. At the very least, we are an ear to listen and sometimes it is just nice to talk to someone about these tough situations.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X