I want to runaway to a Korean orphanage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway to a Korean orphanage

Well to start ever since I was little I was living with my dad,soon I was turned to live with my grandma more often but I wanted to live with my mom, it didn't work out for me soon I lived with my grandma more but I don't like how she keeps pressuring me to like things she likes. She keeps trying to make me like gospel or change the way i act and I hate it. I don't like talking to my family since they annoy me to much to show my true self. I always put on a fake smile except when I always thought of something like I'm 13 so can I live in a Korean place and get adopted there? My parents have their new lives with me not in it. My mom once got in jail for dating her boyfriend since he got the two in trouble by selling drugs. I don't like him at all nor my dad's girlfriend since I have new family on different sides and i never get to see them often either. I always liked Korea for excepting foreigners. So I wanted a Korean family instead of mine, they are asking me to live with them again or pick but I can't so I ran once but stopped because I was scared. I know my grandma doesn't have papers to keep me with her since I was just tossed over to her because my two parents who I think had a one night stand to get me. My mom had me at age 16 so I know she wasn't the right mom I wanted. She still drinks beer but and mostly she does smokes and I don't want to be near none of my biological family. I just rather go to a Korean orphanage since my family can't find me there. Also I wanted surgery there but I would never tell my family because we are just not rich or got enough things to save up for that. I wish someone can take me into their Korean family but I'm scared since I'm African-American girl and they are beautiful people in South Korea so how am I going to get a Korean family? So I wanted to learn Korean and dance but I'm not flexible enough and my family brings me down saying like 'you can't dance so stop' or 'i can't sing those other people language' I hate when they insult another places language or people it annoys me the most. If you tell me to talk to them then it's not going to work they don't want to talk all that. My one dream is to be adopted by my favorite K-pop band BTS but you know it won't happen. It's just a dumb dream.

Thank you for reaching out to NRS! We’re happy to help you in the best way that we can. We’re really sorry to hear about what’s been going on it sounds so stressful and it must be frustrating not having people understand the things you like! It’s totally unacceptable for the people around you to tell you what to like and what to not like because you’re your own person therefore you like what you like and you should be proud of it so we’re so sorry to hear about that. Here at NRS we don’t really know about the processes with other organizations so we aren’t sure about the orphanage process and how that works, but if you don’t have any other place to go we can certainly provide you shelter resources within your area otherwise, you could call an orphanage and see how their system works, but just something to think about, it might not be a good idea to just get up and move to different country and different family right now as it is a huge decision and could be very expensive. However, we do really appreciate you expressing your dream to us, it’s always good to have a positive dream to think about. It sounds like you like K-Pop a lot, that’s really cool! An option for you could be to learn Korean and dance like how you wanted or maybe there are groups at school or outside of school like online groups interested in K-pop and BTS like how you are! If you want to talk more about what's going on or what other options there might be, please don't hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

All the best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X