No announcement yet.

I got in a physical fight with my dad and my dads best friend called the cops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got in a physical fight with my dad and my dads best friend called the cops

Alright so I'm a 18 year old boy who can't exactly find out what I want to do with my life. I can't decide which college I want to go to, what occupation I want, I don't have a clue. I was looking up different colleges when my dad screamed at me to come downstairs. I did so and he had his friend over, and they usually drink when they are together. Terrific. Dad was explaining to his friend that I'll never get into college and never start a life and it pissed me off a little. So I kindly asked my dad to stop, cause I was doing the best I can. He glared at me and screamed that my best was never enough. I asked him what he'd like me too, cause I really am trying to find a job and a college etc. Him, being pretty drunk grabbed my shirt and screamed in my face that I disrespected him. He told me this long story about how in the 80's, when he grew up that if he disrespected his dad, his dad would hurt him. I said okay, you can't hurt me, cause thats illegal. I was being sincere about all of it, I swear. He slapped me and tried to again but I grabbed his wrist and and pushed it away from me. Then he goes in for a punch and before I know it, is throwing punch and after punch. I can't just let him punch me! So I punch him back and I punch him again, until I realize his friend called the cops on me claiming I "assaulted my father". All I tried to do was make him stop! So I looked at them both before I ran out the door and to my friends house. The police are at my house and I'm SOOO incredibly freaked out and scared to go home cause I'm scared my father and his drunk friend will lie to the police and get me arrested. My face is also bruised, swollen and I don't think my nose is properly positioned. What do I do? Will I be sent to jail or given time to actually tell my story?

Re: I got in a physical fight with my dad and my dads best friend called the cops

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us at NRS. We’re sorry to hear that you are in such a tough situation. That must have been pretty scary to have your dad physically attack. It also must have been frustrating to have him say hurtful things to you.
    It sounds like you need somewhere safe to be right now. Have you been able to find somewhere safe? Is there a friend or family member’s house where you can go until things calm down? The police should listen to you, and hopefully help you. Your dad does not have the right to hit you, or to harm you in any way. You are right, that is illegal. If you are worried about your dad telling lies, maybe you could call the police and give them your statement from somewhere else, such as a friend’s house. If you are concerned for your safety, you could also go to the police station. The most important thing is that you feel safe.
    If you want to give us a call, we could take to you about some options that could help you feel safe. We’re not legal experts here, but we would be happy to find you some legal aid resources in your area. We can also talk to you about how to deal with the police. You can give us a call at 1800Runaway. We’re here to listen 24/7.
    Take care, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X