X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi there, thanks for posting! Things certainly sound difficult right now, juggling being a new mom, your family, and the overcrowding. We commend you for reaching out! It sounds like you are trying your best to take care of yourself and your baby.

We are not legal experts, but in most states, 18 is the legal age of adulthood when you can live where you please. Leaving home before then, your mom has the right to file you as a runaway with police. Some police stations accept runaway reports up to 18th birthday; whereas some do not accept reports for 17 year olds in states where 18 is the legal age. That totally depends! You can find your local non-emergency number at usacops.com and call and ask how they handle things without giving your name or anything like that. We understand that can be an intimidating call so we can help make that call too! We are here 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 if you want some more direct support or help with that call.

We also offer conference calling with parents, so if you think having someone help facilitate a talk with your mom, we can also help with that!

Living with so many people and arguing with mom and grandma sounds really hard, especially with a new baby. You must be very strong and care about your baby a lot to reach out and look out for what is best for you two. We are here to support you as well so please do call or live chat through the link at the top anytime to talk about more options!

Best of luck and congrats on the new baby

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic New mom at 17 trying to move out

New mom at 17 trying to move out

I recently had a baby and I want to go live with my fiancé and his family but my mom keeps threatening to call the police and say I’m a runaway. I just turned 17 and I’m currently living with my grandparents because my mom and I couldn’t get along but she’s still had some sort of say in what I can do. The only person who has been financially supporting me for the past year is my fiancé. It’s no longer ideal for me to be at my grandparents due to the amount of people in the house and the matter of my mom recently losing her apartment and having to move in with my other siblings. I’m just trying to be in a happier and calmer place where I’m able to raise my newborn safely. What can/should I do? Its not good for my mental health to be around my mother and grandmother.

And this its even the tip of the iceberg. There’s so much more to my story and how difficult my life is. Just looking for some guidance.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X