Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 15 year old in a program with 2 open cases, can I run away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 15 year old in a program with 2 open cases, can I run away?

Hi, I'm 15 and I currently live in a program in Massachusetts. I have no rights and I really want to run away. The problem is I have 2 open cases with 2 802 warnings. Can I run away without being held in DYS upon being caught?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It’s great that you were able to find out some information about our hotline. Hopefully we can help.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here. It sounds like there’s a good chance that you would further get in trouble with the law if you run away again. We can try to connect you to legal aid resources if you’d like.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 fully confidential hotline, at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help answer some of those questions you have and could potentially help you brainstorm a solution to the issues you are having. We also have an online chat service available through our website (www.1800runaway.org) if you don’t feel like calling in to talk on the phone.

Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X