im 18

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 18

Im 18 i have a kid and im in foster care. My bf has money saved up and i can get a place. Well they come after me or wost my daughter? Im unhappy with them they tell me what to do and when to do it and they threten me with my daughter. I just want this to be over and i just want to leave.

Re: im 18

Hello and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It seems you may have already posted to another section of the forum. However, it sounds like you're wanting to leave your current foster home but worry about someone looking for you or your daughter. We, unfortunately, are not legal experts and unsure of what may happen. Generally, most states recognize that at 18 an individual becomes their own guardian, and often when a minor turns 18 in foster care they begin the process of transitioning out or "aging out". Perhaps you can ask your case worker or social worker about the age at which you may leave. Every state's foster care system is different, so it may help to know at which age you are your own guardian. You may already be able to move out, unless any paperwork indicates something different that affects your ability to leave with your daughter. This may raise an issue if that is so.

If you need any help with resources or just would like to talk and explore some options to stay safe, please reach out by phone or chat.

Good luck and be safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X