Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know where to go if I run away

I don't really have a set plan, I have money and I can get a good amount of it so that's not an issue but I'm not happy at home anymore...I want to run away so bad but I don't know where to go! I'm 16 and I feel like my parents would find me in 2.5 so basically my question is where do I go?

re: I don't know where to go if I run away

Hey there,

It looks like you have an idea of how you will support yourself if you leave home, but you don't know where to go. Being 16 it can be tough to live on your own even if you do have funds. Most often, places won't let you rent out a place under 18 years old and you probably won't be able to rent a hotel room to stay in. Being a minor, if you leave home it is likely that the police would make you go back. That being said, there may be shelters you can go to if you find yourself in an emergency and need some place to stay for a night. Those are temporary living situations where you can only stay for a couple days. At that point they usually try to reach out to your guardians for permission for you to stay any longer. You are more than welcome to call or chat with us if you need more information.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X