No announcement yet.

Moving out

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving out

    I am 17 and I have a 4 month old little boy, I am not comfortable in my house my step mom is constantly starting problems I moved in with them 3 years ago but my guardian which is my grandma who was given custody of me by the state of Oklahoma says I can leave if I feel the need to can she be my consent since she is my legal guardian?

  • #2
    RE: Moving out

    Hello there,

    Thank you for reaching out the National Runaway Safeline.

    We’re sorry that you’re not feeling comfortable in your home with your step mom. That sounds like it’s really frustrating. Everyone deserves to feel happy in their own home.

    We’re not legal experts here, but generally speaking, whoever has custody over you has the final say over where you can live. It sounds like that is Grandma, so it doesn’t look like there is anything your parents or step mom could do. If she has proof of this, it seems like it should be ok for you to move somewhere else. If you wanted to check with a legal aid to know for sure, we could connect you with a number if you wanted to call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We could even explore your situation further and see what other options are available to you.

    Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp