Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Move Out My Parent House At 16 And Im Planning To

Living Here With My "Mother" Is Strict ! She Barely Want Me To Hang With My Friends She Barely Want To Give Me Money She Dont Really Allow Me To Have A Boyfriend . She Dont Want Me To Even Participate In School Extracurricular Activities . Everytime I Go Somewhere With My Blood Sister She Always Calligg Me Making Me Come Home Or If I Dont Come Home Exactly When She Wants Me To She Curse Me Out In Text Messages Calling Me Dumb And Things Like That. Then When I Finally Get Home She Calls Me B****s And Stuff I Dont Like Her Boyfriend Because Everytime I Want To Do Something He Always Have A Say In It . He Always Persuade Her To Say No . 2 Of My Sisters Had Children At A Young Age And Just Because They Did Dont Mean Be Strict On Me . And If She Continues To Do That Im Leaving. I Dont Want To Live Here Anymore And Im Planning On Moving Out After The School Year Is Over In June Of 2016

Re: I Want To Move Out My Parent House At 16 And Im Planning To

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out. It takes a lot of courage to reach out but you were brave enough to do so. We understand that you are having a difficult time at home. Your mother is really strict and does not allow you to do almost anything. You feel as though they are very strict without because your sisters have had children at a young age so they are trying to make sure you do not. This sounds like it can be hard to express to your mom. You also do not have a good relationship with your mother’s boyfriend because he is also very strict with you. You have plans to leave home in June.
    An option you have is to try and speak to your mother about the situation. We understand how difficult it can be sometimes. Some ideas for talking with your mother can be to have someone present that can be neutral and allow you both to express yourselves productively, much like a peer mediator. We can provide that kind of service and conduct a conference call for you and your mother can come to an agreement that you both agree on.
    Another option can be to talk with your mom about moving in with a family member or someone that she will approve. If you explain to her how you are feeling and explain as well how it may be better to live outside of the home she may possibly agree to it, especially if she approves the person.
    If you are set about leaving in June we can definitely talk about the best ways to stay safe. We are not here to tell you not to or to runaway but to provide you with as many resources that best fit your situations. Our goal is to make sure you remain safe.
    If you would like to talk more about these or an additional options, we are available 24 hours every day at 800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You may also chat with us at 800RUNAWAY.org. We do hope that everything works out for you.
    Best wishes,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X