X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chancelor / transgender boy / 14 / looking for shelter

hi im ***** and im a mentally ill 14 year old boy
    im rlly looking for a shelter rn and i think i just need to find one to cope because coming out is one of my biggest fears rn an d the emotionla abuse at home has rlly
    gogtten to me im srry

Re: chancelor / transgender boy / 14 / looking for shelter

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a really stressful situation. It’s very strong of you to reach out for help and share your story. You don’t deserve to have to go through abuse, emotional or otherwise. You deserve to feel safe and comfortable being who you are at home.

Is there anyone you feel like you can trust to talk with about some of the things you might be going through? Maybe a friend, a relative, a teacher, or a counselor? A resource that you might be able to look into if you’re looking for a safe place to go and talk to someone and/or stay for a little while, would be to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. They are usually places like designated agencies, shelters, fire stations, libraries, etc. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need of a safe place to stay.

In additional to us, another resource you may find helpful is the GLBT National Hotline: 1-888-843-4564. They may be able to talk you through some of the hesitations you have with regards to coming out. There might be an LGBT center in your city where you might be able to go and talk to someone in person about some of the things you’re going through. If you call us or chat with us online, we can look that up for you.

We thank you again for contacting us. Stay strong and best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X