No announcement yet.

I want to run away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to run away

    so I'm 15 years old and I'll be 16 in like 2 months. my mom and I get get in several arguments and never get along. yesterday I was at my friends house and I had practice and I wasn't back at the time she said so she came and got me later that day and when we got home she called me in the kitchen and made stupid small talk and I walked away and she counted to 3 and said if you don't come back I'm going to bring you back by your hair. I kept walking and I got into my room and she yanks my hair and I turn around and push her off me. she does the same thing again and again I push her off. I laid down in my bed and told
    her to get out of room and she said its my house I'll leave whenever I want to and then I said well can I leave and she said go ahead and make it easy on everybody.
    I'm seriously considering it. I have a friend to stay with thats far from here. I'm ready to go. what should I do? and what are the legal issues with this?

  • #2
    Re: I want to run away

    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out. It can take a lot to ask for help and we are glad that you have. It sounds like there is definitely a lot going on at home. From what you wrote, it does not sound like you are in the safest of situations. We are sorry to hear that you got into a physical altercation with your mother. No one deserves to be abused or treated badly in any way.
    There are a couple different options that might be of help in your situation. You or another adult could contact Child Protective Services in your State and file an abuse report. While it is hard to say what the outcome of filling an abuse report will, it is valid option to consider whenever there is any form of abuse going on. You also asked about any legal issues that can come up with running away. Unfortunately, without having the city and state you live in it can be hard to know what kind of legal consequences can happen because we are not legal experts. In most cases if a minor runs away and the parent or legal guardian files a runaway report, the police usually bring the minor back home. It might be different if you have your mother’s permission to leave home and have a safe place to stay. It definitely sounds like a difficult situation to be in and we want to make sure you have considered all of your options.
    Again, we’re really glad that you have reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you have any more questions or would like to chat with us please call us at any time. We’re here to listen and here to help.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp