X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod16
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi, Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation at home, and it is understandable to want to stay with another family to get a break from it.

If your parents give their permission for you to go, then there isn’t a problem, but they are the only ones who can give that permission. If you go on your own, they have the right to have you return home. But it is hard to be in an environment with a lot of fighting. We hope that you can reach out to us so that we can talk about it because that is the best way for us to help.

You can reach us by phone at 1800-786-2929 (1800-runaway) or via live chat at www.1800runaway.org We are here for you 24/7 and all of our services are confidential. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I’m 14 and I’ll be 15 in just over a month. My boyfriend is 16. Would I be able to (legally) temporarily stay with him and his family as my parents are always fighting and I just need to get away from that for a little while. Would this be okay/possible?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi, so im 15 and im heavily thinking about getting emancipated. I have some family and friends that are already 18 and have their own place. My dad is always telling me to "Get the ******** out" based off of this, can I just leave? Like get a job, and move in with those friends/family? Or do I still have to go thru the full emancipation process if they do not give me written consent to leave ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are not legal experts so you might consider speaking with your mother about getting information from a legal aid source about transference of custody. We can assist you with locating resources in your area

If you would like to talk more in detail and locate legal referrals, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hey I’m 15 I turn 16 in October 26 my boyfriend is 18 and we wanna live together my mom likes him well how he sounds but hasn’t met him she said it’s okay for me to live with him because her household isn’t very good but she is supporting and my dad don’t take care of me at all so I was wondering will she get in trouble if I move with my boyfriend without my boyfriend signing a legal guardian paper even if she is letting me move with him will we get in trouble like my mom or him because we plan on saving up and stuff and he really wants to help me. Do you think social workers or anything will find out I moved if I still go to school and stuff what do you think is best?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did.

It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation and that your family treats you really bad, which contributes to feeling emotionally unstable. We are glad that your boyfriend and his family are there for you and believe you. We do too.

We don’t have any authority to tell you whether it is OK for you to go or not, but what we can do is talk it over with you and to help you make a plan for yourself that you are comfortable with. You are right that each state has different laws, and while we are not legal experts, we can share general knowledge.

We can talk over all of this if you can also reach out to us at 1800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or through live chat via www.1800runaway.org to discuss this further. We are here for you 24/7 to listen and help.

We hope to hear from you soon.
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi Im 16 years old and i live in Washington state my boyfriend is 20 and he lives in Texas and he said i could move in with him and his parents, because i really cant stay here at my house my family treats me really bad i am emotionally unstable and i need to get out of here as soon as possible its so bad here, and i know my parents will never let me leave which is why we decided he was gonna come get me and move in with him and his family in texas, i know they have different laws there and i was wondering if i would be ok, i dont want to go through the whole legal action stuff and i dont have any money to get a lawyer to help m get emancipated i really need help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
    We are not legal experts but if you were to run away you’re legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. Also whoever you were to stay with could potentially get in trouble for harboring a runaway. Usually that would consist of a misdemeanor or a fine.
    We hope this information may help you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to help and to listen. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I’m 16 years old and my boyfriend is 19 we want to move in together but my parents aren’t agree but I really wanna do it. I currently work and my boyfriend too so we are really able to pay our bills but my parents are not agree. I’m thinking about running away but I’m scare they will put charges on him,but I want to be with him.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Thank you for reaching out to us for clarification. It sounds like you’ve gotten a manageable plan in place for yourself, which is impressive for such a young age! While we’re not legal experts, if you have your parent’s consent to stay where you are, the police would have no reason to take you home or ask you to leave your boyfriend’s house. It might be a good idea to get your parent’s consent in some kind of writing – even something like a text message from them could help out, just in case the police ask for verification. Overall, as long as you’re safe where you are and your parents do consent, there shouldn’t be a reason to ask you to leave.

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss your situation any further, we’re available 24/7. Feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or you can access our online chat at https://www.1800runaway.org/. Day or night, we’re here for you. Good luck with everything!

Guest replied
    Hello, I have a question. I moved out when I turned 16. My bf is 19 and we live together. My parents love my bf and understand that I need to be with them. I live in Tennessee. Can the cops do anything when I have my parents consent.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hello,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). Family issues can always be difficult and we appreciate you reaching out and looking for help. It sounds like you are looking for answers regarding legal issues and custody.
    We are not legal experts, but it is understood that in most states including Michigan have a legal minority age of 17. This means until your daughter is 18 she is in your custody and is your responsibility to provide food, shelter, and care. More specific and accurate advice can be found by calling the NRS (1800-RUN-AWAY) or using our chat system. Other options include a non-emergency police line or other legal aid.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time, however the NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My daughter is going on 17 and has a baby I like to move to Michigan where my family is because there dad passed away does she have to go with me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately. To report abuse contact Child Help at:1800-422-4453

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 16 years old and I live In Ohio I live with my aunt after my mom left me but she is really over protective and doesn’t let me do anything but stay after school because I’m a Matt maid I would like to move into my boyfriends he’s 17 and lives with is mom is mom would be able to Financial support if I moved in I’m tired of living here I am emotionally abused and forced to take pills for depression that don’t work can someone please help me.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X