No announcement yet.

I'm 17 I turn 18 on June.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 17 I turn 18 on June.

    I live in Louisiana, my mom and I don't get a long at all . She's controlling my life just because she doesn't like my boyfriend , she's always brining her past life to the present saying the boys I will go out will leave me because they don't love me she has been creating so much insecurity in me that I have become scare of doing almost anything, she has been treating me by saying she will send me to my country to live with my dad and stepmother. Can she do that ? Can she send me to my country even though I will turn 18 in June .

  • #2
    Re: I'm 17 I turn 18 on June.

    Thank you for using our bulletin service.
    We are sorry to hear that you do not have a good relationship with your mother. It must be really hard for you hearing all of the negative things that she has to say about your relationships.
    Unfortunately we here at NRS are not legal experts and can only speak generally about your mother could do. Generally speaking if a youth is under the age of 18 then the parent or legal guardian can send the youth to go and live with someone that they see fit. If you need more definitive answers about this and the rights that your mother has, we would encourage you to contact your nearest legal professional.
    If you do not know of any you can give us a call and we can try to help you find one. 1-800-RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp