•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you have been through a lot with your father from emotional to physical abusive behavior. You don’t deserve any of these things that have happened. And you don’t deserve to live in fear. You have shown to be strong despite the situation. We understand that it has been frustrating for you. Sometimes when things may seem overwhelming it’s hard to know where to turn. We hope that you know it’s not your fault that things have been this way.

Sometimes talking with someone might help to bring about options or solutions not thought of. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you. Your feelings are important and they matter.
    If you would like to talk more about your situation, please reach out to NRS via phone or live chat. You can reach us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org
    It may feel like an isolating time for you right now but you are not alone.If you are experiencing feelings of hopelessness, depressed or suicidal, we encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-8255

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My Father truly hates me and has even said it. He doesn’t love me at all he is taking my connections to the outside world. He says it’s because of my grades witch is a lie I'm doing my best at this difficult time where my school is half at home and half at school. He laughs and jokes around but then the mask slips off and the monster is released. He has serious anger issues and do nothing unlike me I see a special Ed teacher about it. I am scared and traumatized, my own mother is afraid of him but won't admit it. I just wish I had my license because I could leave any time I pleased. He makes me think very poorly about myself. Sometimes I think about walking to the river and drowning or hanging myself. He seems nice but he is evil. He favors my little brother because he is like my dad. I am treated like crap please send some advice I need it tonight.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; Today, 12:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 13 my mother is verbally abusive, but refuses to believe that she is. She believes that she is a good person, and sometimes is, but doesn’t realize that puts a lot of mental stress on me. My father is an alcoholic, and almost every night he is drunk. I have an extremely hard time not loving him or trusting him because I want to, but he is a bad person. He is physical and has destroyed things when he is angry. He slaps my sister and I. On one occasion he held my sister by the neck against the wall and threatened to burn down our house with her and him in it. I need to leave, but I don’t know how. My grandmother would take me but she is very old, and my mother is at least sort of sane but she downplays the whole situation and believes it isn’t that big of a deal. She refuses to divorce him (my dad) even though he is abusive to everyone. I have been mentally unstable since I was 6 with severe depression, anxiety, OCD, and bipolar disorder. I constantly feel like I want to die. I need to leave now.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know you are not alone.
    One option to consider would be to talk to your legal guardian about your sister’s smoking and how it bothers you. They may be able to get your sister to quit or figure out a solution. If your legal guardian allows your sister to smoke underage this may be neglect which can be reported. If you would like to file a report you can call Child Help at 1800-422-4453.
    We know you mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on running away. Because you are a minor if you were to run away your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. Another option you can consider would be to talk with a school counselor about what is going on. They may be able to provide you with resources and support.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away from home because of my older sister she smokes and I hate it so much she is underaged to and I hate the smell when I smell it I want to die and rip my hair out a scream she has told me that she wishes I wasn’t her sister and told me I need to get new friends because the ones I have are weird she called me weird and she has even physical hurt me over nothing more that she was angry at her friend
    I just don’t know what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    We are glad you have reached out to the National Runaway Safeline, and are sorry to hear that things at home with your parents have been so difficult. We hope we can be of some help to you today.
    It sounds like things at home between you and your parents are really hard, and that it is affecting your mental health. You deserve open and honest communication with your parents that makes you feel like your needs can be met. You mention that you are considering running away, which makes sense. We talk a bit about running away below. First, however, it is important we say that if you are ever seriously considering suicide, there is help out there. You can always reach out to us at 1800-RUN-AWAY to talk through things, or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be an excellent resource for people in the hardest of moments. They can be reached at 1-800-273-8255.
    18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. Actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.
    We hope some of this information helps you improve your situation. If you ever want to call us, we would love to talk through your options, including running away. We are always here to listen, here to help.
    Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im 13 Ok so my parents always dislike me so much they dont even let me be with the person i truly want They make my life worse the only thing there good at is making me wanna kill myself You dont know how much i wanna run away but with the person i want he can drive But no of course they always gotta take everything from me i hate them i feel like there my step parents ive never hated anyone so much than my own parents

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    You also mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. Leaving you home alone like that without a way to call for help and constantly being drunk is likely considered neglect. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services). If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 12 going on 13 and i live with my mom,about a year ago my step dad that had abused my mom was in a car accident while drunk they had been on and off we moved to fort worth for him then to longview for his doctors , its about christmas 2019 and him and my mom got drunk on the back porch and started hitting eachother and he started slamming my mom into the walls and everything finally she went inside and layed down about 15 minutes later i heard it happening again but this time my step dad was the one getting hit and my mom didnt have anything on i went outside to hear my step dad on the phone with the police saying my moms abusive so i got my blanket covered my mom up and brought her back in side.... that night i also almost overdosed and i cut my wrist multiple times until it started bleeding the next day i told my mom ab the suicidal thought and her words exactly " stop asking for attention" ive cut my wrist every week since... my mom has seen them and just rolled her eyes . shell always come home drunk and with a new guy to sleep with while im 12 watching my 4 and 5 year old brothers . she leaves me at home with them no phone to call on if there was an emergancy not anything . she pulled me out of school on the 3rd week and put me on online but then yells at me for not doing my work when she takes my laptop so i have nothing to do it on. today we were heading to her work and she asked me what my purpose was ... i said idk y and she said cause i dont think u have one .... i could go on all day ab how bad she is...

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your father. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 12 going to 13 and my father is putting me in emoitonal abuse and is have realasionship problems witch is harshley effecting me. and my mom is not in a good place to take me in right now she aslo has problems with drinking .but im tired of living with my dad cuz there is so much going on and its such a toxic household

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello I am 13 and do not want live with my mother I do not have a father to take me he left me when I was 2 years old who can I go to so I can leave legally and not get my mom in trouble

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to provide support. It seems like you are going through a difficult time right now, and we want you to know you are not alone.
    You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way and we are sorry you are going through that. You do have the right to make a report and there are a few ways you can make a report. One option to consider is to reach out to Child Help at 1800-422-4453. You can also reach out to us by chat or by calling us and we can help with making a report. Also you mentioned your dad telling you to leave because you are a minor that would be considered neglect if he kicks you out and that can be reported as well.
    Running away is a big decision that only you can make as you know your situation best. We are not legal experts but we do have some information on what could happen. If you were to leave without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you it is a possibility that you could be brought back home. You could try talking with your family about your feelings. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and help you have these difficult conversations.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X