•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod5
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand it can be tough to take that first step, we’re glad you did! It sounds like things have been pretty tough at home. It’s great to know your grandparents are supportive and want to help. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents’ permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. You mentioned there is regular drinking in the home, if you ever feel unsafe or there is any abuse/neglect in the home you have the right to report it. If you are removed from the home, you can express that you would feel safest with your grandparents. If you would like to talk to a legal professional about other options, we could find a legal aid for you and your grandparents to talk to.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    My parents always argue and my step sad always drinks I’m 13 and want to move in with my grandparents in a safe environment how do I go about it?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hey there, and thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. We're sorry to hear that you recently lost your ability to game, causing you to feel like life is meaningless. Even though it must feel very overwhelming right now, please know that your life has so much meaning and you deserve to live it.

It might help to look at your current situation as a temporary one. In trying to reframe it in that aspect, you're holding off on making a long term decision that will likely have an immense impact on your life, as well as to others who care about you. Consider spending some time thinking about your actions that caused you to lose your gaming access, as well as how you might be able to make a different decision next time. How can you show your parents that you deserve to have your access back? Try to make sure you have a solid understanding of what you could've done differently (according to your parents) and what they expect of you from this point on. You can also see if they're willing to have a conversation with you about when you might be able to get to game again.

If you're finding that you're continuing to have some thoughts about ending it all, it might be helpful for you to consider looking into therapy. Having a support system in place to help when things are feeling really heavy and overwhelming can really be beneficial, and a therapist can also help you to develop some of the tools needed to address some of the issues you're having with your parents, or even help facilitate those conversations so that you feel comfortable and supported throughout. If this is something you're open to, a good starting point in finding a therapist is to reach out to your school counselor or social worker. Sometimes you can see them for a few sessions before looping your parents in, and they can also help advocate for you to maintain ongoing services if your parents are hesitant about letting you see a mental health professional.

If you ever feel like you need immediate support, please contact your local law enforcement agency.

If you'd like to chat more about what's going on, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

Guest replied
    I am 12 I feel like my life is meaningless gaming was the pillar to keep me from giving up in life, yeah I know I was lazy and for that i got it taken away from my mom now that ceiling that was protecting me did not last forever now I feel like ending it all and just giving up what do I do now

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

You do not deserve to be abused in any type of a way and we are sorry you are dealing with that, if you wish you can make an abuse report and there are a few ways to go about doing that. One option would be to contact Child Help at: 1-800-422-4453, and they can help you file a report. You can also talk to a school counselor, and because they are mandated reporters, they would be able to help you with filing a report. Lastly, you can chat or call us and we would be happy to help you file an abuse report.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are available to you 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!

Best of luck!

NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, i am 13 years old and my dad doesn't understand how he's verbally and emotional abusive. It's affecting me to the point where my anxiety is out of control and when i try to talk to him he wont listen and he always thinks he is right, and my stepmom is just as worse she is always making me feel like i have no say in anything and she likes to talk bad about my birth mom and say im crazy and they are saying hurtful things to me like " oh you look stupid " i cant express myself here. I want to get away but i feel like no one will believe me because they are good at fooling people and will make it seem like im just fine. I want to live with my real mom she loves me and understands me but i cant go to court i dont know what to do! I get in trouble for the smallest things like just acknowledging that they said something or being in the bathroom. I want changes to be made please help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 12 yh- been abused all my life, moved from my abuseve dad and now my mum found an abuseive bf and idk if i can leave as they just told me directly to leave

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    my mental health is really bad right now and my parents and siblings make me want to kill myself, i just want to be able to become a better person and get a better life but i cant do that when im in a crazy household where everyone argues and fights. my parents are divorced so i live with my mom. my dad is an alcoholic but i believe he would give me permission to move out but his house has no rooms and i have nowhere to sleep and eat. my mom verbally abuses me and its hurts so much she only cares about my grades and money. my sister constantly invalidates me and makes me feel like a ********ty person. my grandparents are always arguing and gossiping. and my uncle does nothing to help his only response is to turn off the internet which is my only way to cope. i have 70 dollars and a desktop and some clothes and thats it im currently 13 and i want to move out.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m living with my mom and grandparents and I want to move out. They are a main reason why I self harm and I do not feel safe at that house anymore. Although they are not abusive in any way, I still dislike my life at that house. How do I move away?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way, and we are sorry that you are going through that. You do have a right to make an abuse report and there are a few ways to go about doing that. One option would be to contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. You can also talk to a school counselor or an adult about what is going on and they can help you with a report. Lastly, you can always reach out to us by phone or by chat and we can help with an abuse report.

We know you mentioned thoughts of ending it all, we want you to know that you are important and that you are worth living. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just need someone to talk to please reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and provide support.

We know you mentioned wanting to move in with your aunt, we are glad you have someone in your life that you would want to live with. You could consider having a conversation with your aunt about everything. Maybe you both can come up with a plan for you to be able to stay or live with her.

We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are available to you 24/7 by phone or by chat. We wish you the best of luck!

NRS

Guest replied
    My Father does not understand the concept of verbal and emotional abuse, he is constantly yelling at me and I’m afraid to do anything please someone help me I have thought of ending it all before because of my father and I want to move in with my aunt

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Being isolated like that sounds really hard and it makes sense that you would rely on your phone to have a connection with your peers.

It seems like your mom and stepdad don't fully realize how their rules about phone usage is affecting your ability to connect with others. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your family so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X