No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Im R! Im 13 and I hate living in my home I have a little sister a dad and a step mom my mom is very ill and wont heal anytime soon. I dont wanna be here with any of them. My dad is not a nice person he just yells all the time for things that i cant say. My step mom hit me a few time and yells when I dont greet her at the door. My little sister is rude and likes to hit me. We fight more than others. I dont get a word out before told shut up or dont talk. I normal wanna just end it all or harm my self, Because of this I am know for being shy or to scared to do something. Im not allowed to go out and play but I still go to school. I wanna run away or get out. I cant do this anymore I just might km. Im also used to having to put on a fake smile. Im not the happiest human but I wish to be away for here that will make me the happiest. Can someone tell me how to move out of this hell hole. i have thought that if I killed them all I would be happy but I cant go to jail. I hate mostly everything am told your a fatherless child or I hope you die. no one cares for me as mush as my older sister. I was planing to leave at 16 but if there is a way to get out of her sooner I will gladly take it.
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 08-10-2021, 09:33 AM. Reason: Edited out personal info.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your dad’s permission. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

• hi I'm 13 and I want to runaway from my parents home I love my dad but sometimes he forgets about me but I still love him is mostly because of my mom she is toxic and crazy she says some crazy stuff that made me have depression at a young age like 8 or 9 years old she is very emotionally abusive towards me and controlling she wont let me hang out with my friends because she doesn't trust I try to gain her trust but nothing works I just wanna enjoy while I'm still young I was wondering if I could just live with my favorite cousin and her family but I don't know yet I just want to get away from my mom

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. That sounds like a really tough situation with your mom. Having an abusive parent is so destructive. So sorry you have to deal with that.

First off, have you been able to find some emotional support from an adult? Therapist or counselor? That certainly can be helpful, if you haven't. Also, does your dad understand how terrible your mom makes you feel? Have you been able to talk to him about this.

As for running away, at 13, it can be scary to do. If your favorite cousin and her family are open to this, you'd have to find out if your parents would agree to this. If everyone would approve, your school counselor could help you setup a temporary living arrangement and document this, most likely.

We are here at the National Runaway Safeline 24 hours a day. You can call or text us and we can discuss this in more detail and provide support and listen. We're at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Again, good luck and don't hesitate to contact us.

• i want to move out because my mom and my sisters my mom does not know how to be a mom and my sister chasity does not know how to take anything and fids it mean or makes her say stuff like "someone shoot me' and "i want to die" and my sister diamond she is fine.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom and sisters. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further emotional support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I’m 13 and My mom doesn’t properly take care of me and is emotionally and verbally abusive. I’m called names by my family (mostly my sister) and the more I’m around them the more angry I get angry just by their presence. Today I literally got super angry because my brother made a joke. If I stay here any longer I will end up being suicidal. I’m already dangerously depressed and having violent visions. I need to leave this place please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we understand it can be a difficult step to take. We hope to help as best we can! You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents or legal guardians permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents/guardians. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. If you are in any danger at all, feel unsafe, or anything of the sort we can help you reach out to CPS. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• Hi, I am 13 year old and i want to move states to meet someone, for a couple of years i felt alone and it feels like i cant make an emotional connection to people not even my own family. Ive also lost motivation to do stuff like school work even after my parents have discussed with me about my grades. This has made me feel suicidal and alone. Until recently I met a girl online who seemed to actually understand me and appreciate my company we know each other for a while and even dated online we told each other everything and call almost every day. Until now she said she cant handle the long distance relationship and to be honest neither can i and i want to go meet her in person i mean we face timed a lot and know how we look and even made plans on what we would do in the future i really love her. And i cant bare to lose her it feels like she is the only person i have and i dont want to go back to being alone

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems like there is a lot going on in regards to your mental health and well-being. We are glad to hear that you are able to find comfort and support through your online friend—it sounds like you care about them very much. Long distance relationships can be tough, especially when your immediate surroundings can feel lonely.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

You mentioned earlier that you have been experiencing suicidal and lonely thoughts. We want you to know that your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be Safe,
      NRS

• hey im a 12 year old girl that will be 13 in december im a 7th grader that lost her mom when she was at the young age of 9 i live with my uncle by force not because i wanted to but because at the time thats what they thought was best well this black American girl thinks the exact opposite, i love my uncle very much and i have an aunt that wouldnt mind taking me but we dont know how to do it legally and to be honest im scared of my uncle and what he might say or think i dont want to hurt his feelings but i hate living here and i just want to know whats the step of moving out i know this website might not work and it might not fix my problem but at this point and time i will try anything or tell anyone that can get me out of here im not happy and if im not happy living here i know my mom wouldn't want me here

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your uncle’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your uncle. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern, and it might be worth talking with your former case worker if you had one when your mom passed away. Lastly, you can also look into legal options. Your Aunt would likely need to be the one going to court to try and get custody of you. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Be safe,

NRS

• i may not be 13 yet but i want to move because my mom hates me and always says shes gonna leave me with my dad whos in jail but im in pain at school and she says its my fault i tun 13 on augest 5th i am curantly being bullyed the girls at my school spit on my computer case and stomped on my backpack then they were all talking about me sorry about the misspells
    btw ik this isnt that bad but i want to leave and its makeing me have want to kms

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
      We are sorry you are not getting the support you deserve at home; it is not your fault for the way that you are being treated. You do not deserve to be bullied and there are some things you may be able to do. One option you could consider would be to talk with a school counselor about what has been going on. They would be able to provide you support and possibly be able to talk to the students that are bullying you. Another option you could consider would be to talk with your teacher and they may be able to come up with a solution to this issue.
      A resource that you may find helpful is called The National Suicide Hotline they can be reached at:1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and willing to provide support. Your life is important and you are worth living.
      You mentioned wanting to leave your home, we are not legal experts but we do have some information. Because you are a minor if you were to leave your legal guardian could file a runaway report, and if the police were to find you it is possible you could be brought back home. If you would like to explore more options or talk about your situation further you can always contact us. We are available 24/7 to listen to you and provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I'm 13 and I've lived with my dad since the end of 2019 in Louisiana and i want to live with my mom in Kansas. He makes me feel sad, and angry, and won't stop stalking me. I've told him I wnat to live with my mom but he is still trying to keep me away from her. He yells at me all the time, and he always interrogates. One time he told me to get in the truck, and we drove around and he starts to say whats my problem and he kept doing it over and over again. Finally i yelled and said leave me alone. Then we went home and said grab al my stuff from my room and put it in the living room, i did what he said, and then he told to go in my room, and now i can finely be alone. I hate it here please, I'm begging you, help me?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
      We understand that you are having a difficult time with your dad right now, you may want to consider talking to a school counselor or a teacher. They may be able to offer you some support and resources. We are not legal experts but if you were to leave your dad’s it is possible you could be filed as a runaway. If that were to happen it is a possibility you could be brought back home.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation, if you have any other questions please give us a call or chat with us. We are here 24/7 to help and provide support.
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X