No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom doesn't listen to me.My dad doesn't care about me.I can't stay here.Staying here doesn't bring me joy.I don't know if i should run away or just wait until i turn 18.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad that you have decided too. We are sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
      Running away is a big decision to make that only you can make as you know your situation the best. If you were to leave your legal guardian could file a runaway report, and if the police were to find you it is a possibility that you could be brought back home. It seems you have a lot going on you may want to consider talking to a school counselor about what has been going on at home. They may be able to provide support and help with resources. A resource that may be helpful to you is called NAMI (national alliance. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to talk further about your situation, please give us a call. We are completely confidential and non-judgmental and available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• Hi, I just turnt 13 last December, I live with my grandma, mom, cousin, aunt & brother. It’s only a 3 bedroom so I share a room with my aunt while my grandma, mom and brothers share a room and my cousin has a room to himself (my old room) we are living here because we’re struggling financially we used to live with my stepfather but him and my mom had a big fight (they fought at least twice a month and they were always bad) she decided to move out, we’ve been staying here since last September, and I hate it here so much. Today (3 hours ago) my mom lashed out on me basically I broke my zipper to my winter coat and didn’t realize until I was getting ready to put it back on she was mad and yelled at me saying I broke it on purpose and how did I not realize, but I didn’t even realize, the whole house was saying I was lying now I do lie time from time but half of the time I’m telling the truth and this time I was, I yelled and said “I didn’t do it!” I was sitting in the living room and my mom was in my grandma’s room and she jumped up and came in the living room and started constantly punching me, she held me down and and pulled my hair out of my beanie she yelled “I will kill you b***h don’t you yell at me” & “how dare you be disrespectful to me after all I do for you” I cried screaming for her to get off me, my aunt yelled “that’s enough (her name)” I cried and kicked and tried to fight back a little she cut me on my face with her nails I screamed and kicked till after a good 5 minutes she got off me and I slid onto the floor crying she kicked me and walked away going back to the room, my aunt said “that’s what you get for being disrespectful” I didn’t mean to yell, but this always happens this happens at least once every 2 months when she lashes out on me and starts fighting me, my mom is 33 and a little plus sized so I have no chance with trying to fight back, I don’t know if this is abuse or discipline so I don’t know if I was in the wrong or not. But I really wanna get out of here I don’t know what to do the only place I have left to go is my dad’s house who stays 2 cities away, he has a stable home and I’ll have my own room I kinda like it there I only visit 3 times a month but he doesn’t have the time to watch over me and take care of me properly due to his work, please tell me what do I do

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X