No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom doesn't listen to me.My dad doesn't care about me.I can't stay here.Staying here doesn't bring me joy.I don't know if i should run away or just wait until i turn 18.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad that you have decided too. We are sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
      Running away is a big decision to make that only you can make as you know your situation the best. If you were to leave your legal guardian could file a runaway report, and if the police were to find you it is a possibility that you could be brought back home. It seems you have a lot going on you may want to consider talking to a school counselor about what has been going on at home. They may be able to provide support and help with resources. A resource that may be helpful to you is called NAMI (national alliance. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to talk further about your situation, please give us a call. We are completely confidential and non-judgmental and available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• Hi, I just turnt 13 last December, I live with my grandma, mom, cousin, aunt & brother. It’s only a 3 bedroom so I share a room with my aunt while my grandma, mom and brothers share a room and my cousin has a room to himself (my old room) we are living here because we’re struggling financially we used to live with my stepfather but him and my mom had a big fight (they fought at least twice a month and they were always bad) she decided to move out, we’ve been staying here since last September, and I hate it here so much. Today (3 hours ago) my mom lashed out on me basically I broke my zipper to my winter coat and didn’t realize until I was getting ready to put it back on she was mad and yelled at me saying I broke it on purpose and how did I not realize, but I didn’t even realize, the whole house was saying I was lying now I do lie time from time but half of the time I’m telling the truth and this time I was, I yelled and said “I didn’t do it!” I was sitting in the living room and my mom was in my grandma’s room and she jumped up and came in the living room and started constantly punching me, she held me down and and pulled my hair out of my beanie she yelled “I will kill you b***h don’t you yell at me” & “how dare you be disrespectful to me after all I do for you” I cried screaming for her to get off me, my aunt yelled “that’s enough (her name)” I cried and kicked and tried to fight back a little she cut me on my face with her nails I screamed and kicked till after a good 5 minutes she got off me and I slid onto the floor crying she kicked me and walked away going back to the room, my aunt said “that’s what you get for being disrespectful” I didn’t mean to yell, but this always happens this happens at least once every 2 months when she lashes out on me and starts fighting me, my mom is 33 and a little plus sized so I have no chance with trying to fight back, I don’t know if this is abuse or discipline so I don’t know if I was in the wrong or not. But I really wanna get out of here I don’t know what to do the only place I have left to go is my dad’s house who stays 2 cities away, he has a stable home and I’ll have my own room I kinda like it there I only visit 3 times a month but he doesn’t have the time to watch over me and take care of me properly due to his work, please tell me what do I do

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi, I'm 13 and I live with my grandparents who are both hardcore conservatives, verbally abusive, and have ruined my mental health overall. I have recently came out as transgender to them(FTM) and they are of course not accepting. They treat me like I'm 18 years old, and my grandfather treats me like his cell mate, not even his granddaughter. Its not the best living situation for me since we have very different opinions and I cannot truly be myself in the household. I wanna move to California with my other family but I'm not sure how my dad is gonna react if I ask him. If he declines I'm thinking of running away but i honestly don't know if this is a good enough reason.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 01-30-2021, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. You made a great first step to finding the help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. Your bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support, we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer: http://www.glbthotline.org/

You mentioned that you were considering the options that may be best for you. By all means, if you do fear for your safety either now or in the future, do not hesitate to take the necessary steps to regain your safety. This may mean calling the authorities or possibly reporting the things you may be experiencing. Other options to think about may be other family members, friends, or some trusted adults that would be able to provide you with support or a safe place to stay. It is great that you thinking ahead. Should you feel like leaving home is best, it may be a good idea to think about how you will provide necessities for yourself such as food, clothing, showers, healthcare and other basic needs. You may want to also consider how your grandparent’s will react to you leaving without permission. We are not legal experts here, but typically as a minor (under the age of 1 you need permission from your legal guardians to leave home. It is not illegal to run away, but it would mean that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. This is usually done in an effort to try to return you home as the police are required to do so.

If you are unsure of how to guide the conversation with your dad who might be an option for you to go to, we also offer conference calls as a service. With this service, you would call us and explain the situation, we could then call out to your dad and try to have a constructive conversation about you possibly leaving your grandparents household.

If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat we can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you.

Stay Strong,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

• Hello...Im only 12 about to turn 13 next week and my mom is very toxic to me. She doesnt care about my feelings at all and she treats me differently then my other siblings. Shes always nice to my middle sister and my younger nephew. But with me and my older sister she always body shames us, insults us, curses us, and just takes full control of us. Im always thinking about killing myself, My mom even knows I have sucidal thoughts and she says im crazy and says alot of hurtful things and always takes away my things like my ipad for no reason at all. Its like she does it on purpose to make me angry and sad. I have no help at all and i hate this feeling of sadness....I wish i never existed. I know this might sound dumb since i have food, shelter, parents, and many great stuff im happy for that other kids dont even have. But i wanna move in with my God family or Aunt. My Dad and middle sister also defend her instead of me. My mom and me always fight and argue everyday. She always spanks me and pulls my hair when im crying. She says she would be happy if I never was with her. Im to stressed out at a young age like this..I think I have anger problems since I bang my own hand to the ground until It bruises and throw alot of things and scream alot. Please help. I cant deal with this anymore, it would of been better if I killed myself instead. I also think shes bipolar since she says she loves me but then 10 minutes later she would get mad for no reason. She also touches me weirdly since she always tries to touch my private part saying its hers and always saying “im your own mother, I made you”. And would grope my bottom to and touch my chest sometimes but says that she loves me or needs a kiss or a hug. It makes me very uncomfortable and I HATE IT very much, its my body and space. I wanna throw up by just experiencing all of that. Please just help. ;( I pray to God to and I feel like he never hears me. Or I just feel like im over exaggerating and to sensitive since im just a little kid.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. Thanks for reaching out to NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

It sounds like you've been having a tough time at home, especially with your mom, and we're sorry to hear that. You mentioned that your mom touches you in ways that make you uncomfortable, and you're right--it IS your body and your space, and only you should decide who gets to touch you in those ways. That said, it might be a good idea to consider filing an abuse report with your local Child Protective Services (CPS) agency. Their job is to ensure that you're safe in your home, and if you're not, to decide what steps should be taken in order to make sure that you are. If this is something that you're interested in doing, you can file a report on your own, by contacting us here at NRS for support, or by telling a safe person of the abuse (like a teacher, school counselor, therapist, etc.). Each person that I've listed are considered Mandated Reporters and have a legal obligation to contact CPS when there are any suspicions or indications of abuse. 

As you continue to work through things, please know that you are special and you deserve to live a full life. When things really start to weigh on us, that can be hard to remember, but having a support system in place can really be helpful. If you're open to talking to someone about how you're feeling and what you're going through, therapy might be able to help. You can initiate the process of finding a therapist in your area by reaching out to us here at NRS, or by connecting with your school counselor or social worker. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by chatting with them live at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org--they're available 24/7. Beyond this, if at any point you feel unsafe at home because of something your mom is doing, or because you're really thinking about killing yourself, please contact your local police for immediate support.

If you'd like to talk in more detail about what's going on or explore more options, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

• HI, im 13, my parents have a fight at least every month. My mom always is strict on everything i wear and her expectations are really high. If i get a c i get hit or screamed at. I am emotianally and psycologically abused. My mom and dad both call me dumb and stooped for making a mistake. They always put me down and i was wondering i i am able to stay at a familys house instead of mine

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS,
      We are sorry to hear that you are going through those things. It is unfair and cruel of someone to hit you over something like a grade. From what you were writing you try your hardest and it never is enough for them. Please know that being emotionally abused or physically abused is not okay. You have every right to report something like that. There are a few ways you can choose to report child abuse. You can report with us here at NRS. We would be happy to help report alongside you so that it is not as scary. Another organization that helps with reporting child abuse is called Child Help (800-422-4453, online at www.childhelp.org) they can also report alongside you as well. You mentioned as well that you want to live with friends or a friend's family. This is a good option if you think your parents would give you permission. In order to leave home before you turn 18, your parents would have to say yes but it might be a good option as there are times when they might say yes.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi im 12 years old and i have a cousin and we both plan to get emancipation because we know we are not loved our parents always yell at us for no reason they beat us take our phones away for no reason but today i asked to go outside i told my mom i finfished all my chores then she yelled at me saying noooo saying she dosent want me to have fun i say but why then she says im talking back to her and then startes beating me i have a brusies and the sideof my forhead how do i move how do i start my own life by myself how do i runaway please help me
    im desprite

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with you and your cousin. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

Be safe,

NRS

• Hello my name is Karissa and I live with my mom and stepdad, I travel with my stepdad so I stay in a camper all day with my sister and they wouldn't let me go to public school so I had to do homeschooling again this year, I am very scared of my stepdad because he has touched my mother and always gets on to me so I just stay in my tiny room and play on my phone, they started taking my phone every night at 9:30, I wake up very early in the morning and so I got my phone, my stepdad went off and always blames everything on the phones but I have nothing else to do in here or nobody to talk to besides all my online friends that I have met therefore I kinda have no life every time I get out of my room I get in trouble for nothing so I just stay in my room, I have a boyfriend that I have never met irl but he is the only thing keeping me going now without him I wouldn't be here, he is everything to me but my mom told him abt my boyfriend and he went off and started cussing her out and me all because I took my phone this morning but they never said I couldn't, my stepdad is very crazy and scary and I don't want to live here anymore, I love my mother but all she does is defend him so she doesn't have to argue, all I do w my stepdad is get in trouble for everything, I admit I am on my phone right after I get done with school because there's nothing us to do, and so he blames I don't wanna do stuff because of my phone and it really hurts, he wants my phone for a week and I know that isn't that long but I'm gonna be really bored and just sleep the whole time, I don't know what I can do but I don't wanna stay here and I'm thinking about staying with someone else but my mother would say no, I'm very unhappy here and so does my sister, I get in trouble for just breathing it feels like, I have no friends irl because I cant meet them, I really just don't know what to do, I don't wanna be in this household anymore I'm sick of it, my stepdad is very old fashion too so he doesn't understand phones and all this stuff and If I talk to my mom about this stuff she will get mad at me and blame it on my phone any advice ?

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Being isolated like that sounds really hard and it makes sense that you would rely on your phone to have a connection with your peers.

It seems like your mom and stepdad don't fully realize how their rules about phone usage is affecting your ability to connect with others. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your family so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• My Father does not understand the concept of verbal and emotional abuse, he is constantly yelling at me and I’m afraid to do anything please someone help me I have thought of ending it all before because of my father and I want to move in with my aunt

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way, and we are sorry that you are going through that. You do have a right to make an abuse report and there are a few ways to go about doing that. One option would be to contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. You can also talk to a school counselor or an adult about what is going on and they can help you with a report. Lastly, you can always reach out to us by phone or by chat and we can help with an abuse report.

We know you mentioned thoughts of ending it all, we want you to know that you are important and that you are worth living. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just need someone to talk to please reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and provide support.

We know you mentioned wanting to move in with your aunt, we are glad you have someone in your life that you would want to live with. You could consider having a conversation with your aunt about everything. Maybe you both can come up with a plan for you to be able to stay or live with her.

We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are available to you 24/7 by phone or by chat. We wish you the best of luck!

NRS

• I’m living with my mom and grandparents and I want to move out. They are a main reason why I self harm and I do not feel safe at that house anymore. Although they are not abusive in any way, I still dislike my life at that house. How do I move away?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• my mental health is really bad right now and my parents and siblings make me want to kill myself, i just want to be able to become a better person and get a better life but i cant do that when im in a crazy household where everyone argues and fights. my parents are divorced so i live with my mom. my dad is an alcoholic but i believe he would give me permission to move out but his house has no rooms and i have nowhere to sleep and eat. my mom verbally abuses me and its hurts so much she only cares about my grades and money. my sister constantly invalidates me and makes me feel like a ********ty person. my grandparents are always arguing and gossiping. and my uncle does nothing to help his only response is to turn off the internet which is my only way to cope. i have 70 dollars and a desktop and some clothes and thats it im currently 13 and i want to move out.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• im 12 yh- been abused all my life, moved from my abuseve dad and now my mum found an abuseive bf and idk if i can leave as they just told me directly to leave

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hello, i am 13 years old and my dad doesn't understand how he's verbally and emotional abusive. It's affecting me to the point where my anxiety is out of control and when i try to talk to him he wont listen and he always thinks he is right, and my stepmom is just as worse she is always making me feel like i have no say in anything and she likes to talk bad about my birth mom and say im crazy and they are saying hurtful things to me like " oh you look stupid " i cant express myself here. I want to get away but i feel like no one will believe me because they are good at fooling people and will make it seem like im just fine. I want to live with my real mom she loves me and understands me but i cant go to court i dont know what to do! I get in trouble for the smallest things like just acknowledging that they said something or being in the bathroom. I want changes to be made please help.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

You do not deserve to be abused in any type of a way and we are sorry you are dealing with that, if you wish you can make an abuse report and there are a few ways to go about doing that. One option would be to contact Child Help at: 1-800-422-4453, and they can help you file a report. You can also talk to a school counselor, and because they are mandated reporters, they would be able to help you with filing a report. Lastly, you can chat or call us and we would be happy to help you file an abuse report.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are available to you 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!

Best of luck!

NRS

• I am 12 I feel like my life is meaningless gaming was the pillar to keep me from giving up in life, yeah I know I was lazy and for that i got it taken away from my mom now that ceiling that was protecting me did not last forever now I feel like ending it all and just giving up what do I do now

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, and thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. We're sorry to hear that you recently lost your ability to game, causing you to feel like life is meaningless. Even though it must feel very overwhelming right now, please know that your life has so much meaning and you deserve to live it.

It might help to look at your current situation as a temporary one. In trying to reframe it in that aspect, you're holding off on making a long term decision that will likely have an immense impact on your life, as well as to others who care about you. Consider spending some time thinking about your actions that caused you to lose your gaming access, as well as how you might be able to make a different decision next time. How can you show your parents that you deserve to have your access back? Try to make sure you have a solid understanding of what you could've done differently (according to your parents) and what they expect of you from this point on. You can also see if they're willing to have a conversation with you about when you might be able to get to game again.

If you're finding that you're continuing to have some thoughts about ending it all, it might be helpful for you to consider looking into therapy. Having a support system in place to help when things are feeling really heavy and overwhelming can really be beneficial, and a therapist can also help you to develop some of the tools needed to address some of the issues you're having with your parents, or even help facilitate those conversations so that you feel comfortable and supported throughout. If this is something you're open to, a good starting point in finding a therapist is to reach out to your school counselor or social worker. Sometimes you can see them for a few sessions before looping your parents in, and they can also help advocate for you to maintain ongoing services if your parents are hesitant about letting you see a mental health professional.

If you ever feel like you need immediate support, please contact your local law enforcement agency.

If you'd like to chat more about what's going on, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X