No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help. I'm 13 years old and I've had social media before but I've gotten caught texting some inappropriate things with my crush and I know that's bad. I have gotten caught 4 times and my parents have hit me many different types of ways like with the belt he even throws me to the ground and I'm constantly cutting myself to release anxiety and I'm always feeling depressed, sad, and angry and I get thoughts that sometimes I want to move in with my grandparents because I've discussed this with them and they understand WAY more and I feel like they will treat me better. What do I do I need help, please help me i don't know... I'm a 13 year old.
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-30-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS),
      It seems like you’ve been through physical abuse by your parents and are feeling unsafe at home to the point you have been self-harming as a way to cope with the negative feelings. You don’t deserve to be treated this way, yes everyone makes mistakes but that is no excuse to cause you physical pain or throw you around. It makes sense to want to escape a potentially unsafe situation to somewhere you feel more supported and understood.
      Generally if you were to just run away to your grandparents’ house you could still be labelled as a runaway. This is a status offence so you wouldn’t get in legal trouble unless it’s a constant thing. Police would generally try to bring you back home. They are also supposed to listen to any claims of abuse in the home and investigate your home before forcing you back into an unsafe place. The legitimacy of your claims are up to police generally though so they don’t always take these steps.
      Again we’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY. This might be one option to get placed with your grandparents if your parents are deemed unsafe for you to be around.
      You also mentioned texting inappropriate things to your crush. We don’t want you to feel judged but if you are becoming curious about sex and sexuality in general it might be helpful to learn some more about safety in sex and ways to talk about it in positive ways. https://sexetc.org/ is a good place to start to learn about your body and the changes that come with puberty if you don’t have an adult you trust to talk to you about these things.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

I’ve been struggling with my parents for about a year now they have been trying to ship me off to all these different schools saying that if this one accept you this is where you will go! I have a friend and about 2 months ago her mom heard my story and agreed to help me then my mom came back again and said no to another good opportunity yesterday we went to them on our last time to beg them and tell them what they are doing they kept saying they are scared of who will be taking me to school I’m like the same way my friend would be getting to school is the same way i would I just want to go and live with them why am I the one that never gets a happy ending my mom kept saying that I’m shy and that I can’t do this and that I’m like that’s why I need her she keeps me going and now you guys are taking that away from me it was our dream to get out of these bad schools and uniform and stuff like that her aunt gave her a good Opportunity to go to a good school she and I tried to convince my parents they kept saying they wouldn’t change there schedules I’m like if y’all won’t do that then there’s no point of being scared of how I’m getting to school we have known them for two years they took me in they treated me well and my parents just want to be in control of everything that happens to me they are saying if they take you to school how will we. Know you are going to school well there’s lots of technology out here to day if they would like to be on FaceTime until I arrive that’s fine but they need to stop saying what if y’all get into in accident what if you don’t go to school like why would they not take us to school like if they can’t change there schedules what they can do so my dad goes to work at 7 we can wake up 6 or 5 and her house is 6 minutes away if he cared about me he could help once in a while and take 6 minutes! Only six out of his day and take me it’s not hard or I could spend the night on Sunday’s and we get to school they refuse to meet her aunt that’s even making any of this happen like why are they being so cruel I just want out I’m really done like they don’t have to be the ones to take me to school all they have to do is sacrifice 6 minutes of there time to drop me off then her parents take us to her cousins house then we get onto the bus it’s not hard at all I want out they can’t accept something good what kind of people are they keep saying we wish we could they can they aren’t thinking deeper I really want out someone understand

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's been going on, we know it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you and your parents are not on the same page when it comes to school and transportation to/from and it must be really frustrating. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X