No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can’t live with my parents anymore i want to move out. (13)

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your parents right now. We'd like to help but need a bit more information from you in order to do so. The best thing to do next would be to either give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online via the portal at www.1800runaway.org. We can talk about your options: perhaps getting permission to live elsewhere, for instance. We hope to hear from you soon. Stay safe!

NRS

Hi! So I m a thirteen year old girl named ***** and, I don't know how to do this. I want to move out because I don't think I can take living with my parents anymore. My mom reads all my diaries making me feel unsafe. Once, my dad kept meat in my bed overnight to keep it warm even though he knew I was a vegaterian. When I found out, I almost threw up! That night, I refused to sleep in my bed and my mom got really mad and locked me in the garage. She said I would have to sleep in there all night! She left the lights off and I couldnt turn them back on. Ever since then, ive been scared of the dark. She remembered there were rats in the garage and came back to get me. Then she said I could sleep on the couch. My dad also gets angry a lot and cusses at me. Including the F word!!! I want to legally move out but i'm scared to. What do I do?
    Last edited by ccsmod2; 04-02-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now, and we want you to know you are not alone and we are here for you.
      Wow you have defiantly gone through a lot, and we are sorry you have had to deal with all of that. It seems like you are living in a very unsafe and unhealthy environment. You do not deserve to be abused and be treated the way you have been treated.
      You have every right to file an abuse report and there are a few ways you can go about doing that. One option to consider is to contact Child Help at: 1800-422-4453, and they can help you make a report. You can also talk with a school counselor or a teacher and because they are mandated reporters they would be required to make a report. You can also call us or chat with us online and we can help with making an abuse report. If you are ever in immediate danger please call 911 ASAP.
      We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they may bring you back home. If you told the police all the awful things you have had to go through they would most likely do an investigation. You may want to consider seeing if you could stay with any friends or family members.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

I struggle with depression and ocd
    ​ mainly because of my dad. Over many years, he has verbally and emotional abused me. I get made fun of and it's almost like being bullied at school. I've tried to talk to h about it but he says there's no other way to make me tough. He makes me feel insecure and worthless. My mom on the other hand, is not fit for being a mother. She currently works 6 jobs and seems to have no time for me. She is so worried about the people that she works with, she doesn't even realise how much pain I'm in and when I could be standing right in front of her. Unalike most people, I don't cut... I pick and scratch at my face until it bleeds. I have so many scars on my face, it even pushed my hairline back. I've talked to people about moving out but really isn't an option right now.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Hi! I live with my grandparents, which are my guardians. But I hate living here, I could kill myself. I've heard you can move out with parent permission. Can my mom or dad sign whatever needs to be signed so I can live on my own? Also can i do this without my grandparents knowing? Another option is to live with my parents although my parents aren't together. But, can I move back in with my mom or my dad again? The reason why I moved in with my grandparents is because my mom went to jail and couldn't take care of me and my sister. And my dad couldn't take care of us because he's too busy. Can I live with my parents again? Either with them or on my own. Please I need help

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes courage to reach out and we are so glad that you decided to reach out to us.
      We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. Because your grandparents are your legal guardians they would have to give permission for you to live with your parents. If you left without their permission they could file a runaway report, and if the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. Also whoever you were to stay with could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. You could consider talking with your grandparents and parents to come to an agreement for you to stay with your parents.
      We know you mentioned thoughts of killing yourself. We want you to know you are very valuable and worth living. Suicide is a permeant decision to a temporary situation. If you are feeling suicidal please reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1800-273-8255.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

I need to move out I did all the research I want to move out because when I was younger I would get beat and then my mom drank a lot but she stopped drinking because she adores my sister just because she looks a lot like her and I can't see my dad because he's in prison because he hurt my mom and my sister and I had a rough last couple of years I became a juvenile diluent when I was 11 and then the next day I went to foster care because they found out my mom was on meth and they my mom got me and my sister back a couple of months later and then they cut off everything I could talk with my dad on I am not able to see him until I am 18 somedays when my sister goes to work I have to take care of her 1-year-old son and she's having another kid at 17 which she can hardly take care of one so that puts a lot of stress on me and my mom because my sister is a person with anger issues and if she fights me I can never fight back other wise I would get yelled at and it's wrong to fight a pregenet women I can't get over what my mom did in the past and she still emotionally abuses me because I look and act like my father she calls me names and makes fun of me and I sometimes just want to run away because I get called names or made fun of by teachers kids at my school and my family I hardly can see the rest of my family because they really hate my mom and my dads sister died and my cousins don't even like me because I'm different then everyone I'm like the only stripped duck out of the whole pack

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. We are mainly here for support and help find some guidance to local resources that might be able to help a youth through their particular situation and we aren’t here to tell you what to do because you know your situation a lot better than we do. We just want you to know your options and with whatever you choose that you’re safe and not on the streets. We can also talk to you about ways that you can legally move out of the house before the age of 18, then think of those options are realistic for you.

It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. We don’t ask for any identifying information, unless you want to report any abuse. You can chat with us by going to our webisite (www.1800runaway.org) and clicking on "chat" or reaching out to us via our 24-hour hotline.

We certainly want to help you.

My parents are separated and I hate going to my dads he is emotionally abusive and there are so many toxic things in this house that is said I want to kill myself sometimes and I am considering moving out but I dont know what to do legally I am only 13

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,
      Thanks for reaching out, it seems like you are having a tough time at your dad’s house and are tired of dealing with his abuse. You mentioned that your parents are separated if they have shared custody it may be possible to try talking to the courts about what is happening and get your mom full custody to stay only with her.
      You also mentioned feeling suicidal at times. If you feel that way again or those thoughts get worse please don’t hesitate to reach out to us, 911, or the suicidepreventionlifeline.org for help. Things may seem hard now, but this is temporary and things can get better.
      Hopefully this information is helpful if you have more questions or just need to talk you can always call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

i want to move out and move in with my real dad because i have not seen him for a very long time

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are always here to help in any way we can, please don’t hesitate to call or chat with us.

It sounds like you’re really missing your real dad and it’s totally understandable that you want to see him. You deserve to know him and spend time together. We are here to brainstorm options with you and find ways for you to see or live with your dad. We need to know more about your situation so please give us a call or chat with us on our website. You’re not alone in this.

Again, thanks for reaching out. We are open 24/7 so please call or chat with us on our website www.1800runaway.org We are always here for you!

Best, NRS

i have parents that cant watch me and my younger brothers and she keep ********ing hitting me for no ********ing reason if i leave now at 13 what would i need to do

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone. If you feel this is abuse and neglect you do have the right to make a report. One option to consider would be to call Child Help: 1800-422-4453. You can also call or chat with us and we can help with making a report. If you are ever in immediate danger please call the police.
      We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you mention getting hit and your parents not being able to take care of you they may do an investigation.
      NRS

Hi, I am 12 almost 13 years old and I want to move into my friend’s house. My parents are divorced but there has always been some weird connection between them. For example, once my dad came and picked up my mom without telling anybody and then told us that they were going to go grab a bite eating something, and this was during quarantine so all of the restaurants were closed. They left at 10:00 and ended up getting back at midnight. Obviously I didn't believe them. I am 100% sure they went over to my dad’s house and had sex or something like that. And that's all they've really ever cared about. When they were married, I used to catch them having sex all the time but they didn't stop and barely cared. Once they finally got a divorce I was so happy it was over but then they stared to meet up and go out together again. Actually, during the time of them being divorced I have caught them making out 16 times. And I'm not joking. they make me sick and I hate the environment I'm living in. if I were to ask my parents to move out they would think I'm insane and say that sex is a part of life and it will always happen blah blah, blah. Sorry this is so long, I don't have anybody to talk to so I just had to let it all out. I just really need help, I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-13-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a difficult situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything. You might consider a way to talk with your parent’s in order to express how you feel.
      We understand how difficult it might be for you to do this. But it also sounds like it is upsetting for you. Talking with a counselor might be another option if you don’t feel up to speaking with your parent’s at this time. We may be able to help you connect with counseling services that fit your needs.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.

We would like you to know we are here to support you during this difficult time.
      We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more about your situation, please call or chat soon.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Take care,
      NRS

Im 13 years old and want to move out. My mother is verbally and emotionally abusive. She calls me things like a mistake,whore,hoe,slut,**********, I want you to die, your ugly,and retarded. She slaps me in the face daily, she punches me in the leg, slaps me in back, and throws me to the ground. I want to leave this house cause i don't feel safe but i have no family, my dad died before i was born, and i have no grandparents or aunts or uncles. I want to commit suicide daily but don't. I recorded it and showed it to my friends and they said to do your best to leave that house or you could get really hurt worse then you already are. Im a straight A student and do nothing wrong. I do everything in the house while she sits in her room and watches tv and talks to her friends on the phone. I cook dinner and everything. I have bipoler 1 since i was 3 and it dosnt help. What should i do please help me.

Comment

Im 13 and about to turn 14 but ive lived thru hell my. Mom drinks alot and only cares about her self i want to move out but im too scared telling her people wont believe me when i sed she hits me i only have two prople who actually saw her hit me i dont want to live with nobody i want to be on my own is that selfish i only wanted to work

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you have gone through a lot, and we want you to know that you are not alone.
        Living with a parent who drinks a lot can be really difficult and scary. Sometimes it may help to talk to people who are going through a similar situation. They do have support groups for teens who are dealing with a family members addiction it is called alateen. You can look online to see if there are support groups in your area.
        Also you do not deserve to be hit, if you feel like this could be abuse you do have the right to make a report. If you would like to make a report you can contact Child Help at : 1800-422-4453. You can also call us and we can help you with making a report. As far as leaving home because of your age you could be considered as a runaway. If the police do find you it is a possibility that they can bring you back home.
        NRS

I'm 13 an my mother is very mentally abusive (she is mentally abusing me) , she makes me feel anxious and I'm very afraid of her.
      my mental health is currently dying, I can't eat, sleep or enjoy the things I loved to do. She makes me feel like ********. I love my father but I can't live with my mom.
      My aunt would probably take me and my 9y/o brother in, I would love to live with her. One time she's so nice and the next moment she is the most rude and mentally abusive person ever. I tried committing suicide because of her not only once, but she never did any physical abuse. Is that even a reason to move out?

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees.

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.

Be safe,
        NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

I’m thirteen and i want to move with an old family member. my family is mentally abusive and i just don’t know or trust what i might do to myself or what i mightn’t become because of it.

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe and stay strong,
        NRS

can I move out at 13? my mom is verbally abusive, my grandma shoves religion down my throat, my grandpa is a pedophile and emotionally abusive, and my dad makes fun of my body every day. please help

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing about what’s going on with your family. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and running away feels like one of your only options.

Your safety is very important. If you feel threatened, we encourage you to call 9-11 for immediate help. You mentioned different types of abuse you are receiving from different family members. Childhelp is an organization that helps adolescents who are being mistreated, and can be reached at www.childhelp.org or 800-422-4453. If you wanted help submitting an abuse report, they can help with that as well.

Regarding running away at the age of 13, while we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home.

Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We can best help by phone or chat so if you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We’re here to listen and help, and hope you can reach out soon. We are here to support you.

Take care,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X