No announcement yet.

13 years old and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...I wanna move out of my house because my mom makes me feel like everything that happened is my fault she says things like your stupid or dumb and when I borrowed a pencil from my friend she called me a begged but I feel like my sisters are the ones always getting me in trouble however my dad and baby brother are always there for me tho sometimes I feel like ending it all but I know they will all be sad but I don’t know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It be really tough living in a house and feel like you are not supported by your mother and that your sisters keep getting you in trouble. It’s good that you have your father and brother who support you. I’m sorry that you are feeling sad and feel like you don’t know what to do. If you ever feel like ending it all, we encourage you to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-279-8255. Also if you need someone to talk to about your feelings you can contact NAMI by texting 741741.
      Unfortunately because you are underage, if you runaway and your parents could file a runaway report they will more than likely bring you back to your home. You always have the option to call us and go over more options like a conference call with your mom to talk about your issues. You could even talk to your guidance counselor at school. If you want more information about the things we talked about today feel free to give us a call 1-800-786-2929 we ae 24/7.Best of luck.

Im 13 years old and just need help telling my parents i want to move out because i feel no love all i feel i shade and hate,help me please.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a household where you don't feel loved. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

It sounds like your parents aren’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about your current situation and the shade that they are throwing your way. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

Hi, I am currently 12 years old and I am turning 13 on march 1st. I have done a lot of research, I am not comfortable saying what goes on at home I just wanted to know if I can get emancipated at age 13 or even 12. I want to know if there is anyway I can legally leave my house.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for contacting NRS for help. From what you shared, it sounds like being at home is really difficult. Reaching out for help is really strong and a good first step. You know your situation best, and we are here to help.

Getting emancipated at 12 or 13 is likely not possible. Most states require that an individual be at least 16 before filing for emancipation. However, there are a couple of other options that could be helpful for you. We are not certain what is happening at home that is making you feel like you need to leave. If you are being abused or physically harmed in anyway you can file an abuse report. Should you decide to take this route, a caseworker will come to your house to talk to you to decide if home is safe. It is up to the caseworker how they intervene, but they do want to help you and make sure you have somewhere safe to live. You can contact the national child abuse hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or go to https://www.childhelp.org/childhelp-hotline/ to learn more about this process.

Having a space to talk can help you feel supported during this difficult time and brainstorm possible options. We encourage you to reach out to your school's guidance counselor or another adult you trust. Support systems are really important during difficult situations. We are available 24/7 if you want to talk more about your situation. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our online chat services at 1800runaway.org.

Be safe,
      NRS

my mom says that kids dont have rights... and she hates me uses me to babysit my 4 siblings all the time all day long and then yells at me when my brother burns dinner and says i am a horrible babysitter and she doesnt know how i even burned it... i want to move out but i am 13 so i cant yet...

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds like you've had to take on a lot of responsibility at such a young age. It sounds like your mom isn’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about your current situation. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

Plz my mom makes my life a living hell what do I do I'm 13

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options or need someone to talk to please give us a call. Best of luck!
      NRS

i’m only 12, but ever since i was 4 i have had depression. Since the second I was born my sisters have taunt me so bad that when i was 6 i started considering killing myself. They called me fat so many times in front of my friends, ugly, the stupidest child anyone has ever met, and even when i was 6 they would tell my friends i was lesbian and that they shouldn’t be my friend. A bunch of my friends stopped being my friends.i used to hide in my room and sob just saying i hate myself so much.

It continued to be like that but then in 4th grade everyone at the school started calling me lesbian even tho i’m not. no one was my friend anymore. then there was this really mean girl i used to be really good friends with started spreading a bunch of rumors and lies about me. everyone made fun of me even more. she would tell me to my face everything my sisters said to me. starting to make me think it was true.

then i met my bff, she was really nice and kind when we first started being friends. but then she became super controlling and started calling me fat and ugly too. she still does. but i don’t understand y people call me fat, i get ugly but i’m underweight and small.

then my parents started fighting. they wanted a divorce.
    they would fight every night my mom saying all these foul things and pushing my dad, and my dad doing the same thing. every time i tried to tell them to stop both of them would kick me.

my my parents are not together anymore but they have been living in the same house for over 4 years. my mom and dad have drived eachother crazy. they r psychopaths. my dad hits me with a belt all the time and tries to choke me but then stops. my mom pulls my hair out all the time and busts my lip. every single time i go to school with a bunch of scratches or bruises on my face or body, no one asks me anything not even the teachers.
    my mom and dad ask me to move out all the time. i tell them where and they say find a place. but the thing is they don’t do this to any of my siblings. i have 4 others siblings. i’m the middle child of 5 so i understand y i’m treated like this. but the fact that i get terrible grades, my home life is miserable, kids at school don’t like me, and i literally don’t have any friends that really care about me, that i’m ugly and fat (well now i am), and i don’t play any sports becuz “they can’t afford it” even tho my younger siblings do sports, and the fact that no one realizes how depressed i am is terrible. i have literally said i was gonna kill myself so many times in front of people like my “mom”, “friends” , and my siblings and no one has been nice to me just gives me a million reasons to just give up.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there! Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. First and foremost, we want to commend you on your bravery, and for having the courage to share your story with us. We understand that it was not easy. It seems like you are going through a lot right now and that you are facing some concerning battles on the inside. The way that your family treats you is not okay. Home should be a place that you feel safe, that you are loved and appreciated for who you are no matter what.
      You mentioned having suicidal thoughts, regarding everything that is going on. An option is to have someone to talk things through with. Perhaps a guidance counselor at school or a school advisor? This could help give you the support that you need, in addition to provide a shoulder to lean on so that you are not going through this alone. Another alternative option if you don’t feel comfortable talking to someone at school is to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) or you can visit their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Additionally, we are always available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if you ever feel you want to talk things through about what is going on. You can reach us at our toll free number, 1-800-786-2929.
      There were a few other things that you talked about which we also wanted to address. If you are feeling unsafe in your home, and there is physical abuse going on, you can always call 911. You can report your parents for physical abuse. If you report this abuse, a police officer can come to your home and a case worker could be called to your home and file an abuse report If you don’t feel comfortable making a report through the police, there is another hotline that could help you through your options and what filing an abuse report would look like, Child Help. You may reach them at 1-800-422-4453, or you can visit their website childhelp.org. This was brought up earlier, but if you bring up this abuse to a teacher or a counselor in a school, they are mandated reporters, meaning if you tell them about any abuse, they would be mandated to file an abuse report. And finally, you can always give us a call and we can help you file an abuse report.
      Once again, we want you to know that nobody deserves to live in an unsafe environment and we are so sorry that you are experiencing all of this currently. Please remember that YOU matter, and that there are people who love and care about you. We think it’s so brave of you to take the time to reach out to us to try and better your situation. We are always here for you, no matter what. We wish you the best of luck with everything!

i want to get out of my house my father and mother verbally and physically abuse me i want to run away but i have no where to stay

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

I'm 12 years old and I have depression and anxiety since last year,I really dont want to live with my mum I ran away about twice she starts on me on the littlest things and always yells at me,its frustrating to live with her she says it's always my fault for no reason i just cant take it anymore,I want to move out but she wont let me,she makes me feel different and less worthy I hate myself I dont know what to do

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options.

It's important you know that you do not deserve to be yelled at or verbally abused in any way. We are so sorry this is happening, and that it is affecting your mental health. Also, while we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod15; 10-16-2019, 02:53 PM.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I’m 18 and I really want to move out, my parents and all my family are amazing and very day I feel like I’m not worth anything. I feel like I’m nothing around them, I want to be a part of there world but I wanna leave alone and be myself. How do I do it. I’m starting to work and saving money but is not enough to move out.

Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out, we appreciate you reaching out during this difficult time.
          To begin with, you mentioned that you feel like you don’t feel comfortable being at home, because you can’t relate to your family, and that you feel like you’re worthless. We want you to know that you are not alone, and that as a matter of fact you’re really brave for taking the initiative to seek out help. With that being said, you may want to have a heart to heart conversation with your family members, and let them know that you are feeling left out, and come up with ways to build up your self-esteem together. Another option to look into would be to get in contact with a counselor and let them know what issues within yourself you are experiencing. A service that may be able to help you with that is called the National alliance on mental illness, and the number for them is 1800) 950- 6264.
          Furthermore, you also want to move out, don’t have enough money saved to begin the process. If you are thinking about moving out on your own, but don’t have the means to do so at this very moment, you may want to look into the homelessshelterdirectory.org. This website will show you the shelters in your nearby area, and addresses for them.
          We hope that you can seek help from these options discussed, and want you to know that we care about your safety. You’re really brave for going through this difficult time in your life. If for whatever reason you require additional assistance, or want us to make a call on your behalf, feel free to call us at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I'm 13 and I have problems at home soooo my whole life I've had a very very very strict mom and a very very very chill dad they disagreed a lot on how to raise me and stuff when I was 9 my parents divorced and it was hard seeing my mom bring different men to my house at a Very young age it was confusing for me and everytime I would come up to her and say "I'm gonna tell dad you're cheating on him " it would bring some kind of jealousy to me and I couldn't understand why this caused me and my mom to have problems I hated her and she used to get mad at me because I would not let her be happy but I couldn't u dee stand how she moved on from dad so fast and I moved to a different school and I lost my old friends I lost everything this caused me to have depression at a very young age with suicidal thoughts my mom just called me crazy and my dad seemed like he didn't really care later on in 5th grade I started cutting myself I did it because I just hated everything I was so insecure about myself I just couldn't take it and in 6th grade my mom found out and she started calling me crazy and one of my friends found out I was cutting so they told the school counselor and they got me a therapist and my mom started getting angry at me because I was apparently wasting her time so I lied to the therapist and told her I was fine which I was definitely not I kept cutting till 7th grade my mom thinks I've stopped and she wanted to check my phone but I didn't let her because I didn't understand why she wanted to check my phone I didn't do anything but she didn't let me have Instagram or snapchat or talk to any boys and I had forgotten to delete snapchat and Instagram and the messages with my guy friends but I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE WITH THEM it was just a casual conversation like close friends laughing out loud and stuff it was completely normal and one guy we FaceTimed and I screenshoted a bunch of pics of him just to annoying him but he had his shirt off but it was literally nothing literally every boy i know always has their shirt off and my mom saw it so I grabbed the phone and turned it off and I refused to give my mom the password to check it so she threw it across my back yard and she thinks that I am too young to talk to boys without their shirts on and she thinks I was doing inappropriate things with them and I was NOT she doesn't understand me and she never will and I tried talking to my dad about living with him but since he lives alone he has this little room so he doesn't have the resources to raise a teenager and it takes time to get a apartment and get the furniture and stuff and when I told my mom I wanted to move in with my dad she started screaming at me saying stuff like I don't care about her that I make her depressed and that she is better off dead and that I'm better off dead bc I don't help her around the house because all I "care about is stupid boys" she basically tells me everything these things and I can't wait anymore for my dad to get a apartment for me to live with him so I was wondering if I could live at a friends house at 13 because if I keep living with my mom I will kill myself please help I'm begging u .

Comment

• ccsmod13
              ccsmod13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there, thanks for reaching out at us here at NRS.

We do want to say it takes a lot of bravery to reach out and share what has been going on at home. We know it can sometimes be hard to reach out but the fact that you did is huge, that is something worth being proud of. If you feel like you are in danger at home or may end your life, you always have the right to call 911 for police and other emergency services. We want you to know we care about your wellbeing, and your safety. Also, you mentioned wanting to end your life because of what has been going on at home. We do want to say we truly care about you and we are here to listen and help as best as we can because you are valued. If you do feel like you may harm or kill yourself. You can always call 911 for emergency services. Also, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is also an option to reach out to. They are 24/7, free and confidential and offer support for people and you do not have to be actively suicidal to call. We are also always here for you to support you in any way we can.

It sounds like living with your mom has not been the most supportive and safest living situation. You do not deserve to be called crazy and be treated as if you are doing inappropriate actions when you are just talking to friends. That must be incredibly frustrating and is unfair to you. it isn’t okay to be yelled at and told you make your mom depressed because you are talking to friends like any teenager does. It may be something you have tried, but we want to mention that an option could be to try to talk to your mom and dad about how your mom is treating you and how that makes you feel. You do not have to do this alone, you can always think about bringing in a third party like a friend, trusted adult, teacher your dad, etc. to bring in a different perspective. Sometimes having help from someone outside of the family can bring attention to the issue and offer safe ways to bring about change in the home or talk about arrangements to see if you can live with your dad on some days. If you do not feel that is the safest option, we can always brainstorm other ideas that you feel may work and talk about them if you can reach out to us again.

We aren’t legal experts, but we can talk generally about what may happen if you leave your mom’s house to try to live with a friend. In the US, 18 is generally the age of adulthood in most states. If you do decide to leave home before turning that age, your parent/guardian may file something called a runaway report. Generally, running away isn’t illegal per say, it is something called a status offense. Similar to curfew, you would not be arrested or charged (unless other circumstances exist like being on probation, running away habitually, etc.). In most cases the police will take a report to help try to find the youth and bring them back to their parents/guardians. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. This charges vary but generally they are something your parents/guardians have to press if you are found in the custody of someone. We know this can be a lot and we are always here to brainstorm and talk about what this means to you and help create a plan with this information in mind.

Again, we appreciate your strength with reaching out to us. We do truly care about you and are always here to brainstorm ideas, plans, and options to help you create a plan you feel is most safe. You can reach us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or you can also chat us at 1800runaway.org as well. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best, NRS

My dad is in Jail and he has been seen I was in 5th grade near the end. I have 3 sisters 2 older and one younger. They all are always bullying me because of my weight and how I look. I have stopped eating at school and when I get home. I am 108 pounds if you wanted to know My mom is not any better. She does the same thing. I go to a private school so do my 2 older sisters she has threated to go over there and bad mouth us. In addtion to that, she doesn't go to mandatory meetings cause she says were embarrassments. We all have good grades by the way. She says we're not her daughters all the time. She mentally and verbally abuses us but mainly me. I'm not allowed to leave the house or go anywhere with friends but all my other sisters can. She hates me and has told me before that she wants to send me to an adoption center. I have thought about killing myself many times but am too scared to do it. Recently I have gone in a dark hole and I'm sad all the time. I want to leave this house but have no money I'm just a 13-year-old 8th grader what can I do. I feel like if this continues I either go crazy or kill myself but no one knows this because I act happy al the time. Please help me before I do something I can't take back.

Comment

• ccsmod0
              ccsmod0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello there. We appreciate you reaching out. We know it takes a lot of courage to talk to people about some these things you are struggling with. No one deserves to be treated the way your sisters and mother are treating you. Everyone deserves to be loved, respected and embraced. The fact that you are getting these great grades while going through what you are going through, just shows what an amazing human being you are and your resilience. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we provide resources and are open to talk in more depth about your situation. We are here 24/7, and you can call or chat us. Our number is 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929), and you can chat us through our website here at 1800runaway.org.

We are so sorry you are going through this. There are some resources we can provide you here, but if you contact us directly, we can give you more specified resources as well. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline's number is 1-800-273-8255, and they specialize in helping talk through those feelings of wanting to harm yourself if you want to talk with someone. The ChildHelp number is 1-800-422-4453, and they could help you file an abuse report if you wanted to do that. We at the National Runaway Safeline can also help walk you through an abuse report as well.

Again, we appreciate your strength and courage for reaching out. If you want to talk through some of your options or just want someone to talk to, we are here for you.

Best, NRS

I am 12 years old and want to move out. My parents divorced when I was young and my dad got custody, he and my mom came to a decision about 2-3 years ago that me and my little sister would go to our moms house every weekend. My dad got married last year and I really really really dislike my stepmom, she compares me to my 10 year old sister, she won’t listen to me, she hates me. She put me into therapy because I “Won’t talk about my emotions” but I only don’t because when I do she just gets mad at me! Whenever I try to tell her why me and y sister are fighting it’s just ‘Stop making excuses’ or ‘But that’s no reason’ If I have five pages of homework and can’t help her do something she gets really mad at me and if I look away from my papers for a second it’s “ Well you don’t look so busy to me.” She’s mean and picky. But she isn’t mean, it’s me. If there is a problem it’s my fault and if I disagree, “ Oh but I just do so much for you. I gave up everything to take care of you.” Also, she’s vegan to, and she tries so hard to make the rest of the family vegan too because, It’S gOoD fOr YoU. I know that she and my dad have “good intentions” but I really don’t want to live here, I want to live with my mom but, whenever I tell them that they say “ wHy ArE yOu BrInGiNg ThIs Up So RaNdOmLy?????” Oh, I don’t know, not like I’ve told them A MILLION TIMES before. So, I guess my question is, how can I tell my step mom and dad I want to live with my mom most of the time instead of them? Because whenever I tell them, it ends up as a personal attack on my step mom.

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have a lot going on at home. It must be hard to have such a huge change in the family. It sounds like you are struggling with your relationship with your new step mom. It must be frustrating to not feel heard by your family. It sounds like they care about you, if they are putting you in therapy. Sometimes it can be a good thing to talk to someone about what you are experiencing. There is no easy way to talk to your parents about how you feel. You can start my maybe talking to them separately if that helps. Maybe talking to your father first and then your stepmom would be better. Also talk through what you are planning with your therapist. Maybe your therapist can give you some insight on the best way to approach a conversation. The main thing is to be honest about what you are experiencing, like you have been just now on this post. If you ever want to discuss this in more detail or do a conference call with your parents, with us on the line for support please contact NRS at 1800-Runaway. We are 24/7, confidential and here to help. Best of luck!

All I’m gonna say is I hate myself because of family and I’m scared there gonna influence me to do something bad,I wanna leave but have nowhere to go I don’t wanna bother my friends family by adding another mouth to feed and I can’t go to family all of them don’t like me and can understand. I would get emancipated but I’m afraid I can’t live of the little money I would get. what should I do stick out till I’m eighteen ?

Comment

• ccsmod15
              ccsmod15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out.

You mentioned that you’re scared that your family is going to influence you to do something bad, and that you want to run away. You’re very brave for wanting to explore options available for support, and we want you to know that you’re not alone. With that being said, and option you can explore would be to talk to someone in school, like a teacher or a counselor, about the presenting problem. Talk to them about what influence your family has on you, and you guys can brainstorm solutions. If you ever want to talk to someone, you can reach out to the National Association of mental Illness at 1800) 950-6264. You can also text them the word NAMI to 741741, and you will be talking to a counselor about what you’re going through.

Lastly, you also spoke briefly about wanting to run away. Running away is a big decision, and you know your current situation more than anyone else. We’re not legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is considered as minor, if you were to leave your home, your legal guardians could contact the authorities, and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, may face some charges for harboring a runaway. We care about your safety and wellbeing, you can possibly look into reaching out to a close family member, and seeing if they can ask your guardian if you can spend a couple of nights with them. Emancipation usually is a yearlong process, and you would have to prove to the court that you are financially stable to take care of yourself as well as finish school.

We hope that the resources provided to you today can help you along the way. If you need additional help, or want us to reach out to an organization on your behalf please give us a call 24/7 at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X