No announcement yet.

im 16 wanting to move out.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • im 16 wanting to move out.

    I was raped last year by my biological brother, he moved out shortly after but my parents still have him over after they told the cps workers they keep him away from me. I have a old neighbor that says i can live with him because he has an extra room but my parents wont let me leave and i dont wanna just run away because the cops will just take me home again. With my parents i dont get along with them at all, my dad has a past of physically abusing me a few times and im just stuck and all this is affecting my schooling and my mental heath and i dont know what to do.

  • #2
    Re: im 16 wanting to move out.

    We are happy you were able to reach out to us. It takes a really brave person to reach out for help. We understand that you are in a situation that you don’t want to be in. You were raped by your brother and CPS was involved to keep him away from you and keep you safe however, your parents continue to bring him around you. Your neighbor has offered a place for you but your parents disagree with it and you don’t want to run away because of the consequences.
    We do want to check in with you to make sure you are getting the support you need. You never deserved to be rape. There are a few resources you might have but we want to make sure it is available to you just in case you don’t have it. RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National
    Network) Hotline is a support line that can help you with anything you are going through. You can reach them at 1-800-656-4673. There is a general support line that is available mostly during evening hours. They are called InTouch Crisis Hotline and they can be reached at 312-996-5535. We are also available to you 24/7 to provide you support.
    It sounds like you have already talked to your parents about living with your neighbor since they disagree with the idea. Possibly living with someone else that both you and your parents trust can be an alternative. Another option may be to spend time away from home whenever your brother is around by going to your neighbors, a friends or another family member’s home that your parents will be okay with. You can also reach out to your case worker from CPS to tell them what is happening so that they can see what alternatives can be done.
    If you wish to talk more about the situation you can call either resources provided above or you can reach out to us. We are available to take your call 24/7 and can be reach by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you may chat with us online at We wish you the best of luck and hope things get better.
    Kind Regards,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp