I want to go home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to go home

I'm 14 and turning 15 in 9 days. My mom died two months ago and I decided to move so I could live with my sister. Ever since I've been here I have become depressed and suicidal. All I want is to go back home and live with my moms best friend, but since my sister now has guardianship of me she won't let me go back. Since I was old enough to decide that I wanted to live with my sister, can I change my mind since it is unhealthy for me to be here and say that I want to live with my moms best friend?

re: I want to go home

Hey there,

We're sorry to hear that you have been feeling depressed and suicidal since living with your sister, especially since your mom passed away. That must be hard for you. If you need someone to talk about, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

As far as you being able to decide where you want to live, we can't say for sure since we aren't legal experts. You may want to check with the agency that you were able to decide that with. You usually need to get permission from your legal guardians to stay with someone else. Legal aid resources may be a good resource to talk with as well.

For further support, you are welcome to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X