Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression/Bad Thoughts for Running Away

I want to run away and I’m 12. I am depressed and I have anger issues. I am afraid I am going to hurt someone. I really want to run away. What do I do?

Hi thanks!

Thank you for reaching out. It can be tough to discuss negative thoughts that you’re having, and it’s brave of you to share that you are feeling depressed and angry.
    There are a number of resources available to you if you would like to talk to someone about the negative emotions you are feeling. First, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or chat with us on our website. We are available 24/7, and are here to help. You can also reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), which is a free organization trained to assist people who are experiencing depression and other negative emotions. NAMI can be reached at 1-800-950-NAMI, or by texting NAMI to 741741. If you have a school counselor, they can also assist you with the feelings and issues you’re going through.
    If you ever feel like you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 911 to make sure you and those around you stay safe.
    We’re glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to reach out for help. If you’d like to talk more about your situation, don’t hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen and help.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X