No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Assistance

    I am 18 years old and I am in college right now. However, even in college, I am still suffering from verbal abuse from my mother. I want to know if there is a place I can go for assistance to distance myself from her. I am on a full scholarship so I need assistance on where to stay during breaks where I cannot stay in my dorm and how to transfer all my financial information from my mother back to me.

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and you do not deserve to be treated that way. Many colleges have free counselors, you could try talking to one of them and see if they can provide you with resources and places to go. Another option to consider is calling shelters in your area and see if they would be able to house you during your breaks. Also you mentioned wanting to transfer your financial information back to you. In order to do that you would need to talk to your universities financial aid office and they would be able to assist you.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp