Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials

What should I bring and not bring when I run away? Should I bring my phone, food, ect?

Hi there,
    Thank you so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We’re glad you reached out and hope we can be as helpful as possible.
    First, you questioned what you should and shouldn’t bring to runaway with. While we are nondirective and can’t tell you exactly what to do, we can provide suggestions. You might want to consider how you will meet your basic needs, such as food, water and shelter. It can also be good to think about a back up plan should one of your original plans fall through.
    Some people prefer to bring a phone just in case of emergencies. You could also consider writing down important numbers just in case you lose your phone or it dies. Before leaving home, other people consider who they want to tell if anyone that they are going. Sometimes it can be helpful for your loved ones to not have to worry as much.
    Our hotline can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We also have a chat service that is available through our website. Should you need anything now or in the future after you runaway, we will be available.
    Thank you again for contacting us and we look forward to hearing from you further. Take care of yourself.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X