Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey

Is there any way i can tell my parents that i want to move out or stay with friends? I'm 14 and home is becoming unbearable for me. The legal age for emancipation in Alabama is 18 so I have a little while before that is an option. Please help.
    Thanks,
    gonegirl

Re: hey

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a lot lately and we’re sorry to hear about that. It’s got to be tough feeling like home is unbearable.

It sounds like you want to tell your parents that you want to move out and stay with friends. It’s great to hear that you’ve got support from friends to help get you through this tough time. If you’d like to talk through options as far as ways to talk to your parents, please do call or chat and we can brainstorm along with you. We’re not here to tell you what you should or should not do, you are the expert of your own situation. We’re just here to help keep you safe in what you decide for yourself. There are a few things that can be helpful to think through when deciding whether or not to run away:

Do I have a place to stay?
    What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    Am I going to be gone awhile or coming back in a few days?
    What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    What have I done to make things better at home?
    What can I do to make things better at home?
    Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

Please do call or chat if you would like to talk more. We’re here to help you out as much as we can.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Quick question

I keep seeing here that i can talk to you guys via chat- how do i get there?

Comment

Re: Quick question

Hello there,

You can access our chat on the home page of our website www.1800runaway.org. Just click chat on the top. You can also click on the red icon bellow this message.

Thanks,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X