No announcement yet.

I want to find a new guardian in another state

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to find a new guardian in another state

    Hi am 16 and will be 17,suffered from abuse I want to runaway to another state and somehow find a new legal guardian. How do i do it? is it possible?

  • #2
    It sounds like due to the hardships that you have been experiencing at home you want to run away. It is understandable that you would not want to be in a place where you are being harmed. We want you to know that you do have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support.
    It sounds like you might be confused about how transferring guardianship works. We do not work for Child Protective Service but to our knowledge the easiest way to transfer guardianship is for your parents to give up their rights (which is not legally binding until they go before a judge). Other ways included emancipation or Child Protective Services, which are both legal processes.
    It sounds like you are ready to make your plan take action. If you have any follow up questions please know that you can contact us anytime.1-800-786-2929
    Bet wishes,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    inf[email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp