Need to stay in school!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to stay in school!

HELP! I recently ran away from home due to abuse and negligence. (Before I ran away, I spent 2 years trying to fix stuff up with my family but with no use). So I went to another city and enrolled for school under the McKinney Vento act. It was a miracle until I realized my grace period for documentation is almost over. I gave a fake name so they can't send me, but also they can find a birth certificate. WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER THE GRACE PERIOD IS OVER! Will they throw me back in the streets and I'll not be able to get an education. Please you have to tell me what to do!

re: Need to stay in school!

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are considering your options and trying to see what is best for your situation. We are glad we are a resource that comes to mind in this time of crisis.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here, meaning that we are not sure what every school district would do when this period is over. The best thing that you would be able to do is ask your school counselor about what your next steps would look like.

Our lines are available 24/7, this is the fastest method you would be able to get in touch with us. We are more than willing to listen to your situation and help in the best way that we can. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), we also have a live chat program, it seems like that would work best since you are unable to get to a phone. As we mentioned, we would be more than happy to talk about your situation and see what the best way that we can help you is. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X