Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris County Houston Texas Runaway

Hello im 17 years old and i have ran away from home a couple of times. Mainly to go to homecoming game, and another time because my mom hit me with an extention cord, i left for two weeks. She reported me as a runaway so I was forced to go back. She does this thing where she cuts up my clothes and throws away or detroys my personal stuff, even stuff i bought myself. I want to go to the rodeo 2 concerts i have tickets for with my bf whos 18. Question is can i go without causing legal trouble? My birthday is just two weeks from that time till im 18. And can my boyfriend get in trouble if im with him?

Hi there, thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It seems you are dealing with a difficult situation and we are here to help the best we can. It must be hard to be dealing with what you are with your mom. It is definitely not fair to have your personal belongings destroyed or be hit. Just so that you are aware, you are able to report anything you feel is abuse occurring. If you like more information about what that may look like or how to complete an abuse report, it may be beneficial to contact an agency called Child Help. This organization has a number of professionals who are able to help individuals dealing with something like you are right now. Their website is childhelp.org and they have a number which is 1800-422-4453. In regards to if you would get in trouble for going to the concert with your boyfriend or be in any legal trouble, it is not likely. If you are just going to a concert, it is not considered running away and even though your boyfriend is now 18, the likelihood that there would be charges put on your boyfriend for being with you at 17 is not very likely. This all would however depend on the strictness of law enforcement and runaway laws but, there does not seem to be anything to pursue legally in this case. It seems like you and your mother are dealing with some issues and if you would like to explore some ways to potentially work towards improving things, we are here to talk you through things and assist. We even offer a conference call option with parents if you think that would be beneficial. Please, feel free to give us a call at our 24/7 hotline 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live by visiting our website 1800runaway.org.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X