Moving out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out

Im 17, wanting to move in with my boyfriend of age 18 at the end of the school year. We have talked about me moving in due to my parents verbally abusing me ( to which we believe to what it is ). We are worried since he is 18 is there anything that could happen to our relationship, and since i am 17 could the police take me away from living with them, or if i tell them my reason for moving out would that have any effect on the outcome of me moving out?

re: Moving out

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it sounds like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you have been through quite a tough time and would like to get away for some time.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, meaning that we are only able to speak in general terms. In most states, if you are under 18, you are still considered a minor and your parents would still be able to file a runaway report. Typically if you are found, you would be forced to go back home. The best way to find out about what your father is able to do, I would highly encourage you to reach out to your local police department and ask some general questions. If this is something that might make you nervous, I would encourage you to reach out to us then we would be able to make that call for you.

Our lines are available 24/7, this is the fastest method you would be able to get in touch with us. We are more than willing to listen to your situation and help in the best way that we can. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), we also have a live chat program, it seems like that would work best since you are unable to get to a phone. As we mentioned, we would be more than happy to talk about your situation and see what the best way that we can help you is. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X