My girlfriend is gonna be 17 and wants to runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend is gonna be 17 and wants to runaway

I love this girl very much but her parents have got a choke hold on her and she just wants to leave naturally I want to help her but I don't want her or me to get in trouble this is in the state of Oregon any advice

RE: My girlfriend is gonna be 17 and wants to runaway

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you or your girlfriend may benefit from talking about what has been going on at home. It seems your girlfriend's parents are quite strict to the point that she wants to run away. You seem to care a lot about her but want to know rights and consequences. Since we are not legal experts, we can share that generally if a minor ( under 18 ) leaves home without permission, the minor's parent could file a runaway report where police may bring them back home. Additionally, if a runaway minor stays with someone without parental permission then that individual may be charged with harboring a runaway which is illegal. We are here as a support and not able to give advice or tips on how to run away. We can explore her situation and some options that may be helpful.

If you or your girlfriend would like to discuss the situation further as well as identify some helpful resources to improve her situation, please consider calling into our crisis line or chatting with us. Our crisis line is free, confidential, and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-786-2929 (www.1800runaway.org).

We wish you well and look forward to your call or chat soon.

Best,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 01-11-2016, 06:24 AM. Reason: grammatical corrections
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X