Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m 16 and I want to move in with my dad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 16 and I want to move in with my dad.

when I was little me and my dad came to live with my aunt. Because ,y mom was in jail. My dad ended up having to leave and I had to live with my aunt (my guardian). I have lived here since the 2nd grade. I hate it here. I cry myself to sleep ever night. My aunt yells at me all the time. I make straight as and I clean the whole house every Saturday for 6 hours. She makes me feel like I’m not good enough. I want to know how I could move in with my dad.

Hello and thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry to hear that your aunt is treating you in a way that is making you miserable and upset. Especially given how well you do in school and how you complete a huge amount of chores, your aunt should not be acting so meanly towards you. Unfortunately, it’s difficult for us to say how you could move back in with your dad. It might be a good idea to reach out to him if you can and tell him about how you feel and ask him about potentially living with him. If you want to talk more in depth about your situation and what other options you might have, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or on chat 1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X