Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

I am 17 and I lib with my mother and my stepfather. Things never been good with him and they got worse 6 years ago. H started drinking a lot, he started getting home at 4-5 am. When he gets home drunk he yells, he insults me, and even hit me once. Thing between him and my mom are not good but the thing isn’t that she doesn’t wanna leave him. I’m a junior in High chill and those things are affecting me. I can’t sleep because of their fights, I can’t go out because they won’t let me. I literally go to school and back to my house. I can’t hang out with friends. This situation is killing me. I have a 10 year old sister and they make me babysit her like if she was Muño responsibility I love her and all but I need to go out. I’m sick and tired of babysitting a burn that’s not mine. I don’t have fun. I don’t know what going out with friends feels like. I’m pretty sure It’s illegal to force me to babysit but I honestly don’t know what to do. My mom is blind. Way worse she’s in love and Love makes people blind. I really want to Move out of move out of my house but I really don’t know what to do anymore. Please help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for reaching out to NRS we appreciate it. Please know that our hope is to provide you with resources and tools to help you make the decision that is best for you. It seems like you are going through a really tough time. It seems like your mother is not being very fair to you or even letting you talk about your situation. If you feel as though you are not being heard we do offer conference calling for you and your parents. It would a call where you get to express what you are feeling as well as your mom. If you do not feel safe, please know you can reach out to Child Help (1-800-422-4453) an organization that helps kid who are being abused.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X