No announcement yet.

Moving in with my boyfriend when I'm 17 turning 18 in 7 months in New York

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving in with my boyfriend when I'm 17 turning 18 in 7 months in New York

    Hi I was wondering if I can move in with my boyfriend without my parents consent im 17 and turning 18 in 7 months. Would I get introuble with the police? Would they come look for me? I'm constantly getting put down by both my parents and I just want to leave.

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation. You do not deserve to be put down by your parents and we are sorry that is happening. We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. Because you are a minor you could still be considered as a runaway is you were to leave home without your parents’ permission. If a runaway report is filed in most cases the police will look for you and if they do find you they would most likely bring you back home. In a lot of cases the police do not force a 17 year old to go back home but it does depend on the police department. You could consider asking your parents’ permission to leave home before you turn 18. We hope this information was helpful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please feel free to give us a call we are available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp