No announcement yet.

Grades Transfer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grades Transfer

    I'm 17 and plan on leaving. There's nothing that can change my mind about this. I can't live in the same house as my dad anymore. My question is how can i transfer my grades. I read that i can enroll in a school as a homeless child w/o any documents but how do i transfer my grades over?

  • #2

    Hello and thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that living with your dad has become unsustainable and that you feel like you need to leave. The McKinney-Vento act does entitle you to enroll in school as a homeless youth, but whether or not your grades transfer will depend on the school that you are enrolling in. The best way to find out would be to call the school you plan to try to attend and ask their administrative staff whether or not they would be willing to accept your grades from your original school. If you have any other questions or concerns or would like to talk about anything else, we encourage you to reach out to us on our 24/7 Hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us

    Take care,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp