No announcement yet.

Can my girlfriend move in with me in Nevada we're only 16?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can my girlfriend move in with me in Nevada we're only 16?

    My girlfriend is being emotionally and mentally abused by her parents. She want's/needs to get out of that house for her own sake. Her parents constantly make fun of her, and put her down. Her parents tell her that shes a piece of s***, and that she'll never amount to anything. All of this really messes with her head, she calls me crying, and tells me about these things all the time. She once mentioned suicide, thankfully I was able to convince her not to. My mom told her and I that she can move in if she can get emancipated, but she can't because her parents won't give her the consent to. We're both 16, I have a job, and she's currently in the process of getting one. I can financially support myself, and her. I already help my mom out with rent, and bills, also I pay my own phone bill, buy most of my food, and buy most of my cloths. Is there anyway legally that she could move out of her parents house, and live with my mom and I just until I can find an apartment? Is it okay for us to do this. Can we get in trouble if her parents like file a police report/missing persons report/runaway report? I just don't want my mom to get charged with harboring a minor with out parent's consent, or kidnapping or anything like that. I just really wanna get her out of there for her own sake, and she really wants out too. Can somebody help me? We're also trying to do this completely by the book just so that way my mom can't get in trouble.

  • #2
    Thanks for contacting us, we are here to help. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and her mistreatment by her parents, I can only imagine how troubling that this is to hear. You are a good friend. It sounds like your friend can pursue a few different options such as Child Protective Services, Emancipation, leaving home wihout permission, or perhaps other options. We can also give you the phone number of a no fee lawyer that can explain your legal situaion (Is there anyway legally that she could move out of her parents house & can you get in trouble if you if youi let your friend stay with you without her parent's permission) - we are not legal experts. We encourage you, or your friend, to contact us directly either by chat or phone 1-800-786-2929 where we can get more information from you to discuss what optons make sense to persue. We are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week to suport people like you and your friend.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp