Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to run away and live with my mother.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away and live with my mother.

I am almost 14 years old. I have been in the system for about 2 and a half years. I have been tossed around from home to home since I was put up for adoption. I want to go live with my mother in South Dakota. I live in Minnesota. I don’t know for sure if it’s illegal or not in my state. My mom and her boyfriend were talking about putting me through online school. What kind of legal trouble would I get into if I get caught?

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and your experience in the system.

As NRS is not a legal agency, we cannot speak with authority about what laws apply in your state, only an overview if you were to leave your assigned housing without state consent. If you or your mother would like to reach out to caseworker, that could be an option for you, and they would most likely have more knowledge about what could be done to transfer custody and those protocols.

In regards to your plan of living with your mother, and getting caught, it would most likely be an issue if you leave without the necessary legal changes.
    We would love to talk more about the details of your situation so that we can work towards a solution that you find acceptable. If you would like to share more, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
    We hope this information was helpful and take care.
    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X