Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I live with my grandparents?

I didn't know what category to put this under but I was wondering if I could live with my grandparents. There's nothing wrong with my dad but I can't stand living with my mom. All she cares about is herself and parti category to put this under but I was wondering if I could live with my grandparents. There's nothing wrong with my dad but I can't stand living with my mom. All she cares about is herself and partying. She usually leaves me home alone to go party and I can't stand it. I feel like I have no support living with her. If I move with my dad I would have all the support I need it but I can't stand moving schools. My dad lives in Florida and my mom and I live in Kentucky. My dad loves me to death and I have no problem with living with him if he wasn't so far away. I was bullied at a previous school I went to in moving to the school I'm at now left me so comfortable and I can't stand taking the chance to get bullied again. My grandparents live in the same city in Kentucky with me. I know for a fact that I'd have as much support as I need living with them. I am 13 years old and live in Kentucky. Is there anyway that I can live with my grandparents ?

Reply: Can I live with my grandparents?

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

Unfortunately we are not legal experts so we cannot say what you can do about where and who you stay with. We do understand that you seem unhappy living with you mother and would much rather stay with your dad or your grandparents. Moving can present quite a challenge and moving to another state does not seem to be something you want to do because of your school situation.
    It’s good that you feel much better about being at your current school.
    No one deserves to be bullied. Glad you feel better.

Have you tried talking to your father or grandparents about how you feel living with your mother?
    Maybe they can help come up with some ideas and provide some support to you.
    How does that sound?

You can call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or try NRS live chat at www.1800Runaway.org.
    You can tell us more about your situation and explore options that might help.

We hope that things work out for the best. Good luck to you.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X