Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 16 abd in oklahoma,i cant really handle living with my mom anymore

hi , Im from tulsa oklahoma and i cant really handle my home life anymore.my mom will start insane arguements with me even when i try to calmly talk to her about anything un serious,and it stresses me out to the point i sob or scream or do anything for it to stop,she shoves me and slaps me on the arms and calls me names contantly as in" ungrateful little **********" " dumb ********ing asshole" and i wanna know,is this abuse?

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your story to our online forum. First of all, no one has the right to slap or shove you. You do not deserve to be treated like that and it’s very brave of you to reach out for help. Physical and verbal abuse can have negative lasting impacts on individuals. A great resource to talk to about what is going on is Child Help, they can be reached at 1-80-422-4453.
    The only ways to leave home legally are with your parents’ permission, through emancipation, or through child protective services. If you leave home without permission, your parents could report you as a runaway and the police would be authorized to return you home. There's definitely a lot to think about when it’s tough to handle living at home. Things to consider would include: who you would stay with, how you would get there, how you would enroll in school, and how you would pay for things. We are happy to discuss with you some safe options specific to your situation if you decide to call or chat with us.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X