Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me

I am 17 and I want to leave home. My mother has not been supporting me lately and she wants me to leave. I cant solve any issues with her. I don't have enough money to live in a apartment. I want to finish school and move on to college. Please help me

Reply: Please Help Me

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like there has been some issues with your mother providing for you as of late and has asked you to leave home. That’s unfortunate. Sometimes when communication breaks down counseling might be an option to look at. What are your thoughts on this?
    It’s great that you want to finish high school and have hopes of going to college.
    With all that has been going on its understandable if you are feeling stressed about things.

Something like this can be hard on ones emotions. How are you doing?
    It’s important to take care of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally.
    We are here to listen and try to provide help through our services.

You might consider giving NRS a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or try NRS live chat at www.1800Runaway.org
    You can tell us more about your situation and we can assist you with exploring options for help.
    Maybe there is a relative or friend willing to step in and help. It would be nice to have support from others.
    There might be services for emergency shelter for teens that somehow become homeless.
    We can search our data base for services in your area.
    How does that sound?

It’s good that you are trying to look out for what’s best for you. Good job.

We hope to hear from you and that things work out for you.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X