Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move out of my house without parent consent at 17 in michigan

My parents are abusive but CPS keeps saying that there isn't enough evidence to prove that I am being abused at home even though I showed them my bruises. I was adopted when I was 7 because I had family problems. My current "father" is a cop so nobody really believes me. I just want to know if I can move out at the age of 17 in Michigan without a parent's consent.

Can I move out of my house without parent consent at 17 in michigan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a really hard time at home and it must be frustrating that no one is believing you. We’re here to support you and listen the best that we can.

No one deserves to be abused at home and the fact that CPS is not helping you out must be tiring to deal with. Home should be a safe space for you to live and it is understandable that you no longer want to stay. We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking if you leave without parents’ consent as a minor (under 18 in most states), your parents have the right to file a runaway report with the police. If a report is made and the police are able to locate you, they would simply bring you back home. Running away is not a criminal offense (it would not show up on your record).

We’re not here to tell you what you should or should not do, we’re just here to help keep you safe. To talk in more detail about what’s going on at home please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Sincerely,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X